|Moderated by: Rick Terry, Kelly Hart, Kaleb, Fletch||
|Reece Goetz, Zerbin, Parshall and Wharton Victorious!|| Rate Topic
|Posted: Sunday Jul 23rd, 2017 06:29 PM||
Aarons Racing Videos
|Reece Goetz, Zerbin, Parshall and Wharton Victorious!
The sun was shining bright on the 3/8 banked clay oval as temperatures hit around 80 degrees on Saturday night. The 360 Sprint Cars, Shipwreck Beads Modifieds, Cut Rate Auto Parts Street Stocks and Outlaw Tuners took to the raceway for an exciting night of dirt track racing action.
Cut Rate Auto Parts Street Stocks:
Rodger Perry of Belfair led the field to the green flag during the 20 lap Cut Rate Auto Parts Street Stock feature with Montesano driver Scott Fritts on the outside. Fritts took the lead quickly from Perry bringing Kelly Fugate of Spanaway and Arlington's Brandon Babcock with him. Lap 2 saw the caution flag fly for Shane Kerrigan of Aberdeen, spinning in turn three. Fritts led Babcock, Fugate, and the rest of the field to the green flag with a good restart as Hoquiam's Jack Parshall made a move on the outside to go from fourth to second and challenge Fritts for the lead. Parshall took the lead out of turn three on lap 3 and quickly pulled away. Fritts and Babcock battled for second as Parshall continued to pull away. The fourth position saw a great battle between Fugate, Jason Tole of Hoquiam and Ocean Shore's driver Jeff Daniel. Tole battled with Daniel for the position catching Babcock for third.
Fritts and Tole battled for the second spot for multiple laps racing side by side as Parshall continued to extend his lead. A handful of late race restarts allowed Fritts and Tole to make their move at Parshall but couldn't take over the top spot. At the end of the 20 lap feature, Parshall picked up the win over Fritts, Tole, Tom Hecker of Spanaway and Kerrigan rounded out the top five. Heat race winners earlier in the evening were Hecker and Kerrigan with Kerrigan also picking up fast time.
Shipwreck Beads Modifieds:
The Shipwreck Beads Modifieds division was back in action as a warm up before next weekends 18th Annual Shipwreck Beads Northwest Modified Nationals. 20 cars set the field for the 25 lap feature with Aberdeen's Zack Simpson setting the pace. Simpson had tough company as Clark Tenney of Scappose, Ore and Olympia's Tyson Blood made a three wide pass out of turn two. Blood took over the early lead until the caution flag flew for Dan Kinnaman of Elma spinning in turn four on lap 2. Blood led Simpson and Tenney on the restart and quickly pulled away as Simpson, Tenney and Austin Kerrigan of Aberdeen battled three wide for second. The yellow flag returned once again this time for Dave Howard of Olympia spinning in turn four. Blood looked quick on the restart as Simpson and Campbell River, BC driver Lane Zerbin battled for second. Zerbin took over the spot and set his sights on Blood for the lead. Vernonia, Ore's Doug Davenport battled Simpson for third and closed in on Blood as lap traffic became a factor. Contact between Zerbin and Blood saw the caution flag fly as Blood sat in the wrong direction in turn four. Zerbin continued on and restarted as race leader.
Zerbin had tough company on the restart as Simpson and Davenport looked to make a battle for the lead. Zerbin slowly pulled away as Davenport and Simpson battled for second. Davenport took the runner up spot and looked to track down Zerbin. Cosmopolis driver Tom Sweatman worked his way through the field late in the feature moving into the second spot after a hard fought battle with Davenport. Zerbin looked strong out front and went on to win the Shipwreck Beads Modifieds feature, Sweatman, Davenport, Scott Miller of Shelton and Seabeck's Kyler Moore rounded out the top five. Heat race winners earlier in the evening were Sweatman, Blood and Tenney.
360 Sprint Cars:
Snohomish driver Reece Goetz and Lance Sargent of Spanaway set the front row of the 360 Sprint Car feature. Goetz jumped out front early with brother Chase Goetz of Spanaway moving into the second spot around Sargent. The battle for third between Henry Van Dam of Enumclaw, Sargent, and Jay Cole of Shelton was the race to watch. Van Dam took over the third spot as Cole and Sargent raced side by side for the fourth position. Reece Goetz continued to lead pulling away from the rest of the field to almost a straightaway as Chase Goetz and Van Dam looked to track him down.
Lap traffic became a factor for Reece Goetz which allowed Chase Goetz and Van Dam to close in on the leader. Late in the feature Chase Goetz made a pass for the lead as lap traffic played into his favor, taking over the top spot. Van Dam also joined in on the mix making it a three car battle for the lead. Chase Goetz saw older brother Reece make a pass back for the lead down the backstretch and held on to pick up the win over Chase Goetz, Van Dam, Cole and Sargent. Heat race winner earlier in the evening was Van Dam, with Chase Goetz picking up fast time.
Nick Bramer Jr of Spanaway and Josh Wharton brought the Outlaw Tuner field to the green flag for the 15 lap feature. Wharton took the early lead as Joseph Palmer of Shelton and Aberdeen's Tyler Sundstrom battled for second. Sundstrom took the runner up spot from Palmer as the battle for third became a three car battle between Palmer, Dale Speas of Shelton and Wishkah driver Don Briggs Sr. Briggs Sr saw trouble early as he made contact with the tractor tire in turn three bringing out the caution on lap 2.
Wharton quickly pulled away on the restart as Sundstrom and Palmer looked to track him down. Palmer moved into the second position around Sundstrom as Speas and Aberdeen's Cory Sweatman battled for position. Speas and Sweatman both made a battle for third with Sundstrom, as Speas took over the position and quickly tracked down Palmer for second. The red flag would come out for Centralia driver Jasen McCaslin after hard contact with the turn one wall on lap 5. McCaslin walked away from the accident uninjured. Wharton was the driver to beat as he quickly pulled away from Palmer, Speas and Sweatman and went on to pick up the Outlaw Tuners feature. Speas, Sweatman, Briggs Sr, and Palmer rounded out the top five. Heat race winners earlier in the evening were Briggs Sr and Sundstrom.
Racing will resume next Friday and Saturday night at Grays Harbor Raceway for the 18th Annual Shipwreck Beads Modified Nationals, also on hand will be the PHRA Dwarf Cars for both nights of racing action. Gates will open at 5:30 PM with racing around 7PM.
Grays Harbor Raceway
July 22, 2017
Cut Rate Auto Parts Street Stocks:
43 Shane Kerrigan
1. 5 Tom Hecker, 2. 99B Brandon Babcock, 3. 14 Jeff Daniel, 4. 3 Rodger Perry, 5. 57 Mike Mann 6. 43 Shane Kerrigan
1. 9 Jack Parshall, 2. 34 Jason Tole, 3. 22X Kelly Fugate, 4. 42 Scott Fritts, 5. 23B Matt White, 6. 00 Kirk McGinnis
1. Parshall, 2. Fritts, 3. Tole, 4. Hecker, 5. Kerrigan, 6. Fugate, 7. Babcock, 8. Miller, 9. McGinnis, 10. Brumfield, 11. Mann, 12. White, 13. Daniel, 14. Perry
Shipwreck Beads Modifieds:
1. 11 Tom Sweatman, 2. 12s Zack Simpson, 3. 81 Lane Zerbin, 4. 14K Kyler Moore, 5. 17 Brian Izzi, 6. 86 Dave Howard, 7. 46 Dan Kinnaman
1. 97 Tyson Blood, 2. 43K Shane Kerrigan, 3. 6X Don Jenner, 4. 47 Steve Signal, 5. 87 Tyler Walker, 6. 1X Robert Jenner, 7. 28 Brian Harding
1. 10E Clark Tenney, 2. 8D Doug Davenport, 3. AK47 Austin Kerrigan, 4. 26 Scott Miller, 5. 88 John Gamell, 6. 34 Gene Miller, 7. 8 Steve Bulpitt
1. Zerbin, 2. Sweatman, 3. Davenport, 4. Scott Miller, 5. Moore, 6. Simpson, 7. Harding, 8. Don Jenner, 9. Shane Kerrigan, 10. Gamell, 11. Tenney, 12. Austin Kerrigan, 13. Gene Miller, 14. Howard, 15. Bulpitt, 16. Signal, 17. Blood, 18. Izzi, 19. Kinnaman
360 Sprint Cars:
91 Chase Goetz
1. 33V Henry Van Dam, 2. 91 Chase Goetz, 3. 33s Lance Sargent, 4. 9R Reece Goetz, 5. 24 Tyler Anderson, 6. 0J Jay Cole, 7. 15 Jeff Dunlap, 8. 8X John Stuart
1. Reece Goetz, 2. Van Dam, 3. Chase Goetz, 4. Cole, 5. Sargent, 6. Reed, 7. Dunlap, 8. Anderson
1. 13XXX Don Briggs Sr, 2. 7 Dale Speas, 3. 23J Nick Bramer Jr, 4. 44X Ross Watkins, 5. 911 Jasen McCaslin, 6. 12XXX Devon Harper, 7. 17 Willie Wright, 8. 3 Cory Sweatman
1. 23 Tyler Sundstrom, 2. 7X Joseph Palmer, 3. 59 Josh Wharton, 4. 3 Max Sanford, 5. 11 Ryan Onasch, 6. 71 Chris Brannon, 7. 75 Chad Norton, 8. 0 Zach Dalrymple, 9. 5 Jared Stevens
1. Wharton, 2. Speas, 3. Sweatman, 4. Briggs Sr, 5. Palmer, 6. Sanford, 7. Harper, 8. Norton, 9. Dalrymple, 10. Brannon, 11. Stevens, 12. Bramer Jr, 13. Sundstrom, 14. McCaslin
|Current time is 05:43 AM|
|NWRaceChat > RACETALK > Grays Harbor Raceway > Reece Goetz, Zerbin, Parshall and Wharton Victorious!||Top|