|Moderated by: Rick Terry, Kelly Hart, Kaleb, Fletch||
|Trenchard Wins Race of Champions, Martinez Hits Victory Lane!|| Rate Topic
|Posted: Saturday Jul 29th, 2017 10:21 PM||
Aarons Racing Videos
|The 18th Annual Shipwreck Beads Northwest Modified Nationals saw perfect weather with a great field of 44 Modifieds taking to the 3/8 banked clay oval on Friday night. Also on hand were the PHRA Dwarf Cars with 40 cars taking to the raceway.
Northwest Modified Nationals Race of Champions:
Zack Simpson of Aberdeen brought the field to the green flag during the Race of Champions feature jumping out to the early lead over Williston, North Dakota driver Travis Peery. Seabeck's Craig Moore raced side by side with Peery for second, but couldn't make the pass for position. Moore saw trouble looping the car in turn two, collecting a handful of cars. On the restart Simpson once again took the lead, looking to the low side of the raceway. Peery saw a hard charging Nick Trenchard of Kalamath Falls, Ore make a pass to the inside for second. Trenchard set his sights on Simpson for the lead as the battle for third between Kyler Moore of Seabeck, Peery, and Coburg, Ore driver Jesse Williamson was the race to watch. Kyler Moore and Williamson then made it an exciting battle for third. Trenchard continued to close in on Simpson making a pass out of turn four on lap 10.
Simpson looked to make an attempt out of turn four, but couldn't make the pass. Trenchard slowly pulled away from the rest of the field, making his way through lap traffic as Simpson saw a hard charging Williamson looking to take over the second spot. A late race caution allowed Simpson and Williamson a shot at Trenchard for the lead. Trenchard jumped out front and wasted no time pulling away from the field and going on to win the Race of Champions. Simpson, Jesse Williamson, Lawrence O'Connor of Port Hardy, BC and Cosmopolis driver Tom Sweatman rounded out the top five. Two sets of heat races were ran earlier in the evening and heat race winners were Lane Zerbin, Graham Cook, Trenchard, Kyler Moore, and Austin Kerrigan, as the second set were won by Jeremy Richey, Matthew Drager, Kevin Smith, Collen Winebarger, and Clark Tenney.
PHRA Dwarf Cars:
Ryan Martinez of Portland, Ore took the early lead in the PHRA Dwarf Cars 25 lap feature. James Brinster of St. Helens, Ore moved into the second spot as Mollala, Ore's Henry Corbin III moved into third. Chaos ensued as a multiple car incident in turn four brought out the yellow flag on lap 2. Martinez looked to time his restart just right continuing to lead the feature as Corbin III and Brinster battled for second. Another incident in turn one saw multiple cars spin bringing out another caution. On the third restart the red flag quickly flew for Corbin III, flipping violently in turn one. Corbin III did exit the car and walked away uninjured.
Martinez brought the field to the green flag on the restart with Brinster looking to chase him down. The battle for third was one of the races to watch between Camron Diatte of Monterey, California and Campbell River, BC driver Brian Lee. Lee took over the position looking to chase down Brinster for second. Andrew Lemmons of Longview looked to join in on the battle a handful of times racing with Lee and Diatte for position. Lemmons moved into the second spot late in the feature and closing in on Martinez for the lead. Johnathon Henry of Stockton, California worked his way into third looking to track down Lemmons and Martinez. Henry and Lemmons allowed Martinez to slowly pull away and go on to win the Dwarf Car feature, contract between Lemmons and Henry saw Lemmons spin in turn four coming to the checkered flag as Martinez, Henry, Brinster, Dennis Liebig, and Diatte rounded out the top five. Heat race winners earlier in the evening were Lemmons, Martinez, Leo Ward, Corbin III, Shane Youngren and Mikie Clark. B-Main winners were Liebig and Teagan Fischer.
Night 2 of the 18th Annual Shipwreck Beads Northwest Modified Nationals will resume tonight along with the Dwarf Cars. Gates will open at 5:30PM with racing around 7PM.
Grays Harbor Raceway
July 28, 2017
18th Annual Northwest Modified Nationals
PHRA Dwarf Cars:
1. 33K Andy Lemmons, 2. 63X Jonathan Henry, 3. 63 Dave Cantu, 4. 88K Josh Rodgers, 5. 777 Dennis Liebig, 6. 29 Jake Tupper, 7. 4W Brian Taylor
1. 9z Ryan Martinez, 2. 2o James Brinster, 3. 48C Brian Lee, 4. 37W Troy Kunas, 5. 5X Teagan Fischer, 6. 99 Jim Pavel, 7. 5W Steve Taylor
1. 75 Leo Ward, 2. 12o Jake VanOrtwick, 3. 5o Danny Altom, 4. 54C Clayton Parsons, 5. 7K George Fisher, 6. 86X Doug McVae, 7. 17K Chuck Jones
1. 89Z Henry Corbin III, 2. 94 Jeremiah Hester, 3. 15K Jim Dunn, 4. 90Z Henry Corbin II, 5. 66s Dylan Chrisman, 6. 218 Andrew Wright, 7. 8W Dale Knutson
1. 18o Shane Youngren, 2. 9 Cameron Diatte, 3. 48X Drew Andexler, 4. 95 Michael Hester, 5. 19 Gordon Kraus, 6. 18K Noel Jackson
1. 4 Mikie Clark, 2. 11 Rich Holbert, 3. 15W Mikey Burnham, 4. 2 Brandon Ross, 5. 3K Jim Fisher
1. Liebig, 2. Tupper, 3. Rodgers, 4. Michael Hester, 5. George Fisher, 6. Parsons, 7. Kraus, 8. Knutson, 9. Steve Taylor, 10. Jackson
1. Teagan Fischer, 2. Dylan Chrisman, 3. Corbin II, 4. Jim Fisher, 5. Pavel, 6. Burnham, 7. Brian Taylor, 8. Wright, 9. Jones, 10. Kunas
1. Martinez, 2. Henry, 3. Brinster, 4. Liebig, 5. Diatte, 6. Lee, 7. Altom, 8. Ward, 9. Lemmons, 10. Rodgers, 11. Tupper, 12. Ross, 13. Dylan Chrisman, 14. Cantu, 15. Clark, 16. Hester, 17. Teagan Fischer, 18. Corbin II, 19. Jeremiah Hester, 20. Andexler, 21. Jim Fisher, 22. Dunn, 23. Corbin III, 24. VanOrtwick, 25. Youngren, 26. Holbert
Northwest Modified Nationals:
1. 81 Lane Zerbin, 2. W5 Jesse Williamson, 3. 12s Zack Simpson, 4. 27EH Lawrence O'Connor, 5. 99 Jeremy Martin, 6. 88 John Gamell, 7. 44 Kristi Sommers, 8. 15J Jeremy Richey, 9. 0 Don West
1. 75C Graham Cook, 2. 21A Mathew Drager, 3. 11 Tom Sweatman, 4. 31 Don Martin, 5. 6P Travis Peery, 6. 2G Jeremy Ohlde, 7. 22M Mel Decker, 8. 45s Aaron Sheelar, 9. 8D Doug Davenport
1. 54N Nick Trenchard, 2. W7 Kevin Williamson, 3. 28 Brian Harding, 4. 7K Kevin Smith, 5. 45 Tiana Berkeley, 6. 8W Rick Smith, 7. 58 James Wolfard, 8. 3 Cory Sweatman, 9. 86 Dave Howard
1. 14K Kyler Moore, 2. S Collen Winebarger, 3. 11s Blair Shoemaker, 4. 21R Riley Simmons, 5. 43K Shane Kerrigan, 6. 47 Steve Signal, 7. 9H Mark Hill
1. AK47 Austin Kerrigan, 2. 97 Tyson Blood, 3. 10E Clark Tenney, 4. 51 Craig Moore, 5. 26 Scott Miller, 6. 9K Morgan Criswell, 7. 4R Bill Rowe, 8. 41 Tim Phillips
1. Richey, 2. Martin, 3. O'Connor, 4. Jesse Williamson, 5. Simpson, 6. Zerbin, 7. Gamell, 8. Sommers, 9. West
1. Drager, 2. Peery, 3. Cook, 4. Tom Sweatman, 5. Davenport, 6. Martin, 7. Decker, 8. Ohlde
1. Kevin Smith, 2. Trenchard, 3. Harding, 4. Kevin Williamson, 5. Berkeley, 6. Cory Sweatman, 7. Wolfard, 8. Howard, 9. Rick Smith
1. Winebarger, 2. Shoemaker, 3. Simmons, 4. Kyler Moore, 5. Shane Kerrigan, 6. Signal, 7. Hill
1. Tenney, 2. Craig Moore, 3. Criswell, 4. Blood, 5. Austin Kerrigan, 6. Rowe, 7. Scott Miller
Race of Champions:
1. Trenchard, 2. Simpson, 3. Jesse Williamson, 4. O'Connor, 5. Tom Sweatman, 6. Winebarger, 7. Kyler Moore, 8. Scott Miller, 9. Simmons, 10. Richey, 11. Zerbin, 12. Decker, 13. Cook, 14. Shoemaker, 15. Martin, 16. Berkeley, 17. Craig Moore, 18. Peery, 19. Greer, 20. BJ Wild
|Current time is 04:33 PM|
|NWRaceChat > RACETALK > Grays Harbor Raceway > Trenchard Wins Race of Champions, Martinez Hits Victory Lane!||Top|