|Moderated by: Rick Terry, Kelly Hart, Kaleb, Fletch||
|Margeson, Parshall and Sundstrom Hit Victory Lane!|| Rate Topic
|Posted: Sunday Aug 6th, 2017 11:06 PM||
Aarons Racing Videos
|The Northwest Focus Midgets Series, Cut Rate Auto Parts Street Stocks and Outlaw Tuners were back in action on the 3/8 banked clay oval on Saturday night. After a very hot week of weather, the temperatures were cooler, but the action on the raceway was red hot.
Cut Rate Auto Parts Street Stocks:
Jeff Daniel of Ocean Shores and Montesano driver Scott Fritts set the front row of the 20 lap Cut Rate Auto Parts feature. Fritts took the early lead from Daniel as the battle for third between Jack Parshall of Hoquiam and Spanaway's Kelly Fugate was the race to watch. Fritts slowly pulled away from the field, as Fugate had tough company for the fourth position. Tom Hecker of Spanaway raced side by side and took the position from Fugate. The red flag flew for Daryl Brumfield of Matlock on lap 5 as fire became visible from under the hood of his car. The fire was quickly extinguished and Brumfield exited the car uninjured.
Fritts led the field to the green on the restart with Daniel and Parshall looking to chase him down. Fugate looked to battle back with Hecker, as they were both on the back bumper of Parshall for third. Rodger Perry of Belfair brought on the caution on lap 9 as he spun in turn two. During the caution, Daniel went to the work area, giving up his second place position, he did return to the track. On the restart Parshall looked to try and make a move at Fritts for the lead, bringing Hecker with him making it a three car battle for the lead. Parshall looked to the outside on lap 16, taking the lead from Fritts in turn two. Parshall continued to stay out front and went on to pick up the win. Hecker, Fritts, Fugate and George Madison of Sequim rounded out the top five. Heat race winners earlier in the evening were Don Briggs Jr. of Woodland and Hoquiam's Jason Tole. Fast time of the evening went to Parshall
Northwest Focus Midgets Series:
The Northwest Focus Midgets Series had 18 cars signed in for the evening's racing action. Greg Thornhill of Stanwood led the field to the green flag. Tacoma's Jonathan Jorgenson and Graham driver Nik Larson battled for second. Larson quickly took over the position and set his sights on Thornhill for the lead taking over the top spot a lap later. Chance Crum of Lake Stevens moved into the second spot, looking to track down Larson for the lead. Larson continued to lead the field but didn't have any room for mistakes as Crum and Evan Margeson of Tacoma looked to track him down. A lap 10 caution for Thomas Walker of Elma set up a restart allowing Margeson to take over the second spot and make a move for the lead on Larson. Jorgenson saw the opportunity to move back into the top three looking to the high side of Crum. Both drivers raced side by side with Crum taking back the position.
Larson slowly pulled away, leaving a slight gap between himself and Margeson until lap 15 saw Nate Vaughn up against the wall in turn four bringing out the caution. The restart allowed Margeson to make his move for the lead at Larson, taking over the position out of turn two on lap 17. Larson had tough company with Crum and Nick Evans of Granite Falls. Margeson continued to pull away from the field and went on to pick up the checkered flag. Larson, Evans, Tristin Thomas of Burlington and Crum rounded out the top five. Heat race winners earlier in the evening were Margeson, Larson, and Shorline's Michael Vollbrecht with Tristin Thomas picking up fast time.
The 15 lap Outlaw Tuner feature saw a pair of Aberdeen drivers on the front row as Tyler Sundstrom and Cory Sweatman brought the field to the green flag. Sundstrom took the early lead as Sweatman looked to the inside for the lead in turn two, but couldn't make the pass. Tenino's Josh Wharton sat in the third position, looking to track down the leaders, but a lap 2 caution for Chad Norton of Tenino would stack the field back up for a restart. Sundstrom started to pull away from the field as Wharton looked to try and take over the second spot from Sweatman. Wharton looked to the inside a few times, but couldn't make the pass.
Wharton saw trouble midway through the feature as he slowed and went to the infield giving up the third position to Don Briggs Sr of Wishkah. Sundstrom continued to lead, pulling away from Sweatman, Briggs Sr, and the rest of the field and went on to pick up his second win of 2017. Briggs Sr., Shelton's Joseph Palmer, Max Sanford of Belfair, and Ryan Zaragoza of Purdy rounded out the top five.
Racing will resume next Saturday with the Pepsi Fair Race, brought to you by Harbor Pacific Distributing. The racing action will also be part of the Grays Harbor County Fair. In action will be the Cut Rate Auto Parts Iron Man Street Stocks Race, Shipwreck Beads Modifieds, and Outlaw Tuners. Admission into Grays Harbor Raceway will be free, WITH fair admission. Racing action will begin a few hours earlier with racing beginning at 5PM.
Grays Harbor Raceway
August 5, 2017
Cut Rate Auto Parts Street Stocks:
9 Jack Parshall
1. 13XXX Don Briggs Jr., 2. 9 Jack Parshall, 3. 43 Shane Kerrigan, 4. 14 Jeff Daniel, 5. 4X George Madison, 6. 42R Daryl Brumfield, 7. 3 Rodger Perry
1. 34 Jason Tole, 2. 5 Tom Hecker, 3. 22X Kelly Fugate, 4. 42 Scott Fritts, 5. 11X Ross Watkins, 6. 12 Doug Brewster, 7. 19 Taylor Miller
1. Parshall, 2. Hecker, 3. Fritts, 4. Fugate, 5. Madison, 6. Briggs Jr., 7. Daniel, 8. Watkins, 9. Brewster, 10. Kerrigan, 11. Perry, 12. Tole, 13. Brumfield, 14. Miller
Northwest Focus Midgets Series:
9T Tristin Thomas
1. 69 Evan Margeson, 2. 9T Tristin Thomas, 3. 21J Ryan Cully, 4. 82 Greg Thornhill, 5. 92T Katie Turner, 6. 39 David Mills
1. 16 Nik Larson, 2. 83C Chance Crum, 3. 3H Hannah Lindquist, 4. N8 Nate Vaughn, 5. 11T Ray Stebbins, 6. 24 Nick Evans
1. 4 Michael Vollbrecht, 2. 2J Jonathan Jorgenson, 3. 14 Garrett Thomas, 4. 13A Dana Geary, 5. 19 Thomas Walker
1. Margeson, 2. Larson, 3. Evans, 4. Tristin Thomas, 5. Crum, 6. Vollbrecht, 7. Jorgenson, 8. Lindquist, 9. Cully, 10. Thornhill, 11. Turner, 12. Mills, 13. Stebbins, 14. St. Paul, 15. Vaughn, 16. Walker, 17. Geary, 18. Garrett Thomas
1. 23 Tyler Sundstrom, 2. 0 Zach Dalrymple, 3. 106 Ryan Zaragoza, 4. 10 Andy Jacaway, 5. 5 Jerry Harmon, 6. 10XXX Steve Kilkelly, 7. 63 Nathan Foster, 8. 12XXX Devin Harper, 9. 5 Jared Stevens
1. 3 Cory Sweatman, 2. 59 Josh Wharton, 3. 13XXX Don Briggs Sr, 4. 7P Joseph Palmer, 5. 7 Dale Speas, 6. 3s Max Sandford, 7. 17 Jason Valentine, 8. 75 Chad Norton
1. Sundstrom, 2. Briggs Sr., 3. Palmer, 4. Sandford, 5. Zaragoza, 6. Valentine, 7.Dalrymple, 8. Harmon, 9. Stevens, 10. Sweatman, 11. Speas, 12. Harper, 13. Wharton, 14. Kilkelly, 15. Norton
|Current time is 03:44 AM|
|NWRaceChat > RACETALK > Grays Harbor Raceway > Margeson, Parshall and Sundstrom Hit Victory Lane!||Top|