|Moderated by: Rick Terry, Kelly Hart, Kaleb, Fletch||
|Tole wins Iron Man, Drager Victorious In Modifieds|| Rate Topic
|Posted: Sunday Aug 13th, 2017 10:54 PM||
Aarons Racing Videos
|The Grays Harbor County Fair had the town of Elma jumping all week long and Saturday night the 3/8 banked clay oval brought a huge crowd to watch the Shipwreck Beads Modifieds, Cut Rate Auto Parts Street Stocks and the Outlaw Tuners, bringing a wild night of racing.
Cut Rate Auto Parts Street Stocks:
Aberdeen's Shane Kerrigan led the field to the green flag on the first segment of the Iron Man Challenge, which consisted of 2, 25 lap features. Kerrigan took the early lead over Hoquiam driver Jack Parshall. The battle for third between Jeff Daniel of Ocean Shores, Tom Hecker of Spanaway, and Hoquiam's Jason Tole was the race to watch. Hecker moved into the third spot looking to track down Kerrigan and Parshall. The battle for the lead started to heat up until the caution flag flew for Doug Brewster of Spanaway on lap 6. Kerrigan looked to time his restarts just right quickly jumping out front as Parshall had Hecker at his back bumper. Multiple cautions gave the field a shot at Kerrigan for the lead, but at the end of the first feature, Shane Kerrigan picked up the win over Tole, Scott Fritts of Montesano, Daniel and Sequim's George Madison.
The final 25 lap feature saw Kerrigan jump out to the lead once again with Tole and Fritts looking to chase him down. Fritts looked to the inside to make a pass for the lead, but Kerrigan continued on the high side of the raceway staying out front. Fritts continued to inch closer to the back bumper of Kerrigan, wanting forward bite to make a move as Fritts ran the low side. A late race caution saw Daniel spin into the infield in turn two setting up a restart allowing Fritts and Tole to make it a three car battle for the lead. Kerrigan pulled away slightly making it a battle between Fritts and Tole for second. Tole looked to the inside and made the pass out of turn two using lap traffic as a advantage. Tole then set his sights on Kerrigan for the lead, racing side by side for multiple laps before taking over the lead with just a few laps to go. Tole would go on to win the Iron Man Challenge, Kerrigan, Fritts, Daniel, and Parshall rounded out the top five. Heat race winners earlier were Kerrigan and Parshall with Fritts picking up quick time.
Shipwreck Beads Modifieds:
A pair of Oregon drivers set the front row as Albany, Ore's Matthew Drager led Doug Davenport of Vernonia, Ore to the green flag, Drager took the early lead with Davenport looking to chase him down. Scott Miller of Shelton and Campbell River, BC driver Lane Zerbing battled for the third spot, but caution quickly flew for Tacoma's Zach Fuller, as he slowed to a stop on the front stretch. Drager led the field to the green on the restart as Miller and Davenport battled for second. Davenport continued to run the second spot, leaving Miller back in third. Zerbin looked to the low side in turn two, and took the third spot away from Miller.
Drager slowly pulled away from the rest of the field, running the high side of the raceway as Davenport continued to sit in the second position with Zerbin sitting in third. A mid race caution for Brian Izzi of Olympia allowed Davenport and Zerbin to make their move at Drager for the lead. Zerbin moved into the second spot and didn't allow Drager to pull away. Zerbin continued to follow Drager waiting for one mistake to capitalize, getting closer to the back bumper. Zerbin looked to the inside a few times but couldn't make the pass. Zerbin hoped for lap traffic to become a factor but Drager sliced his way through the traffic and went on to pick up the Shipwreck Beads Modifieds 25 Lap feature, Zerbin, Davenport, Scott Miller and Aberdeen's Zack Simpson, who won the B-Main event and started 16th rounded out the top five. Heat race winners were Kyler Moore of Seabeck, Brian Harding of Oakville, and Shelton's Alan Muenchow.
Just as the Outlaw Tuners were lined up on the raceway for their 15 lap feature, mother nature decided to take over and forcing the feature event to be rained out. Heat race winners earlier in the evening were Aberdeen's Tyler Sundstrom and Dale Speas of Shelton.
Racing will resume next Saturday night at the regular time with gates opening at 5:30PM and racing beginning at 7PM. On hand will be the yearly appearance of the Rolling Thunder Big Rigs which will consist of semi trucks taking to the 3/8 banked clay oval. These 1000 horsepower semi trucks will race side by side, bump at each other to see who is the toughest semi truck in the Rolling Thunder Big Rigs. Also on hand will be the Cut Rate Auto Parts Street Stocks and Outlaw Tuners.
Grays Harbor Raceway
August 12, 2017
Cut Rate Auto Parts Street Stocks
42 Scott Fritts
1. 43 Shane Kerrigan, 2. 14 Jeff Daniel, 3. 34 Jason Tole, 4. 42 Scott Fritts, 5. 23B Matt White, 6. 55 Samantha Stevens, 7. 00 Kirk McGinnis, 8. 55X Brendan White
1. 9 Jack Parshall, 2. 5 Tom Hecker, 3. 4X George Madison, 4. 12 Doug Brewster, 5. 19 Taylor Miller, 6. 11X Ross Watkins, 7. 75 Jared Stevens, 8. 3 Rodger Perry
A-Main (Iron Man Challenge):
1. Tole, 2. Kerrigan, 3. Fritts, 4. Daniel, 5. Parshall, 6. Madison, 7. McGinnis, 8. Miller, 9. Perry, 10. Samantha Stevens, 11. Brendan White, 12. Jared Stevens, 13. Brewster, 14. Matt White, 15. Hecker, 16. Watkins
Shipwreck Beads Modifieds:
1. 14K Kyler Moore, 2. 81 Lane Zerbin, 3. 8D Doug Davenport, 4. 11 Tom Sweatman, 5. 34 Gene Miller, 6. 714 Zachary Fuller, 7. 38 Josh Richardson
1. 28 Brian Harding, 2. 26 Scott Miller, 3. 21A Matthew Drager, 4. 43K Shane Kerrigan, 5. 41 Tim Phillips, 6. 4R Bill Rowe, 7. 12 Zack Simpson, 8. 97 Tyson Blood
1. 6M Alan Muenchow, 2. 40 Mike Knox, 3. 17 Brian Izzi, 4. 87 Tyler Walker, 5. 17X Cody Erskine, 6. 8 Steve Bulpitt, 7. 47 Steve Signal, 8. 46 Dan Kinnaman, 9. 3 Cory Sweatman
1. Simpson, 2. Blood, 3. Fuller, 4. Signal, 5. Bulpitt, 6. Kinnaman, 7. Rowe
1. Drager, 2. Zerbin, 3. Davenport, 4. Scott Miller, 5. Simpson, 6. Sweatman, 7. Blood, 8. Moore, 9. Knox, 10. Kerrigan, 11. Muenchow, 12. Gene Miller, 13. Signal, 14. Bulpitt, 15. Izzi, 16. Erskine, 17. Phillips, 18. Harding, 19. Walker, 20. Fuller
23 Tyler Sundstrom
7 Dale Speas
|Current time is 03:32 PM|
|NWRaceChat > RACETALK > Grays Harbor Raceway > Tole wins Iron Man, Drager Victorious In Modifieds||Top|