|Moderated by: Rick Terry, Kelly Hart, Kaleb, Fletch||
|Anderson wins #3, Margeson, Moore and Jones Feature Winners|| Rate Topic
|Posted: Sunday May 20th, 2018 09:29 PM||
Aarons Racing Videos
|Anderson wins #3, Margeson, Moore and Jones Feature Winners
The 360 Sprint Cars, Northwest Focus Midgets Series, Shipwreck Beads Modifieds and Outlaw Tuners took to the 3/8 banked clay oval Saturday night bringing a great night of racing action.
Northwest Focus Midgets Series
Dustin O'Brien of Snohomish took the early lead on the start, but the yellow flag quickly flew for Shoreline's Hannah Lindquist slowing in turn two. On the restart Sedro Woolley driver Nate Vaughn took the early lead with Shane Smith of Lynnwood running in second. Jonathan Jorgenson of Tacoma and Nik Larson of Lake Stevens battle for third with Jorgenson moving into third, setting his sights on Smith for second. A handful of laps later Jorgenson did take over the runner up spot looking to track down Vaughn. Problems for Vaughn later in the race, gave Jorgenson the top spot. Evan Margeson worked his way into the top five from the 16th position looking to track down the top four cars. Jorgenson stalked Vaughn and took the lead down the backstretch on lap 13. Margeson tracked down Jorgenson and took the lead on lap 23 after a pass in turn one and went on to pick up the Northwest Focus Midgets Series feature. Jorgenson, Smith, Garrett Thomas of McCleary finished 4th from the 18th starting spot, and Ross Rankine of Noblesville, Indiana rounded out the top five. Quick time went to Margeson, with heat races going to Jorgenson, Rankine, and Burlington's Matt Loving.
Shipwreck Beads Modifieds
Sam Carlisle of Cosmopolis took the early lead on the 25 lap Modified feature, but the caution flag flew a few times bringing up a complete restart. The third time around saw Carlisle take the lead over Aberdeen's Zack Simpson. The battle for second between Kyler Moore of Seabeck and Simpson was one of the races to watch. Carlisle continued to pull away from Simpson and Moore. Lap traffic became a factor for Carlisle on a long green flag run, as Simpson and Moore closed in. Contact between a pair of lapped cars and Carlisle allowed Simpson to take over the lead. Lap 18 saw a 10 car pile up in turn one after contact between Austin Kerrigan of Aberdeen and Olympia's Tyson Blood bringing out the red flag for track clean up. On the restart, Simpson continued to lead Moore, and Shelton driver Scott Miller moved into third getting by Carlisle. Moore and Miller closed in on Simpson while racing side by side for second. Tyler Walker of Elma brought the caution out on lap 23 after spinning in turn four setting up a green, white, checkered start. On the restart, Moore and Miller made their move on Simpson, going three wide in turn two and down the backstretch with Moore taking the lead and picking up the Modified feature. Simpson, Miller, Carlisle, and Blood rounded out the top five. Heat race winners were Moore, Cody Erskine of Bonney Lake, and Simpson.
360 Sprint Cars
Devon Borden of Raymond took the early lead in the 25 lap 360 Sprint Car feature. Everett driver Tyler Anderson sat in the second spot. Jay Cole of Shelton and Quilcene driver JJ Hickle battled for third position until Lap 5 saw the red flag come out for Borden, as he flipped in turn three. Borden did walk away from the crash uninjured. Anderson took the lead on the restart from Cole and Spanaway's Lance Sargent. Anderson quickly pulled away from Cole, as Sargent looked to make a move for second. Cole ran the high side and had more momentum to continue in the runner up spot. It was green to checkered after that lap five red flag with Anderson picking up the win with a seven second lead over Cole, Sargent, Hickle and Jeff Dunlap of Renton. Heat race winners were Hickle and Cole, as Borden picked up quick time.
The 15 lap Outlaw Tuner feature saw Jeremy Jones of Wishkah jump out front. Cory Sweatman of Aberdeen moved by Don Briggs Sr of Wishkah to take over second until Briggs Sr fought back racing side by side with Sweatman. Briggs moved back into second looking to track down Jones for the lead. On a restart, Sweatman moved back into second with Briggs Sr having tough company of Olympia's Devon Harper, Tyler Sundstrom of Aberdeen and Belfair's Max Sanford looking to take over third. Jones continued to pull away from Sweatman as Briggs Sr looked to close in for second. The feature saw the caution come out setting up a restart. Sweatman looked to the high side and took the lead from Jones. Sweatman didn't get away too far as Jones continued to close back in for the top spot. Jones looked to the low side in turn two and took the lead from Sweatman on the final lap and went on to pick up his first career Outlaw Tuners feature event. Sweatman, Briggs Sr, Sanford, and Joseph Palmer of Shelton rounded out the top five. Heat race winners were Jones and Briggs Sr.
Racing will resume next Saturday night for Memorial Day Weekend as the Wingless Sprint Series for round 1 of the Wingless Sprint Shootout. Also on hand will be the Cut Rate Auto Parts Street Stocks and Outlaw Tuners. After the races there will be a big firework show to close out the evening. Gates open at 5:30PM with racing at 7PM.
Grays Harbor Raceway
May 19, 2018
Shipwreck Beads Modifieds
1. 14K Kyler Moore, 2. 18X Sam Carlisle, 3. 87 Tyler Walker, 4. 714 Zach Fuller, 5. 41 Tim Phillips, 6. 34 Jason St. Paul, 7. 11 Tom Sweatman
1. 17E Cody Erskine, 2. 26 Scott Miller, 3. AK47 Austin Kerrigan, 4. 97 Tyson Blood, 5. 38 Josh Richardson, 6. 8 Steve Bulpitt, 7. 86 Dave Howard
1. 12s Zack Simpson, 2. 87K Brenton Schnitzer, 3. 22X Kelly Fugate, 4. 4R Bill Rowe, 5. 1W Devan West, 6. 98 Dan Kinnaman
1. Sweatman, 2. Bulpitt, 3. 34 Jason St. Paul, 4. Howard, 5. Kinnaman, 6. Knox
1. Moore, 2. Simpson, 3. Miller, 4. Carlisle, 5. Blood, 6. Sweatman, 7. Erskine, 8. Kerrigan, 9. Fugate, 10. Rowe, 11. West, 12. Phillips, 13. Fuller, 14. Walker, 15. Richardson, 16. Schnitzer, 17. Bulpitt, 18. St. Paul
Northwest Focus Midgets Series
11 Evan Margeson
1. 2J Jonathan Jorgenson, 2. 11 Evan Margeson, 3. 44 Shane Smith, 5. 75i Chris Greene, 5. 3B Brian Hayes, 6. 71 Dustin O'Brien
1. 7s Ross Rankine, 2. N8 Nate Vaughn, 3. 3H Hannah Lindquist, 4. 12 Jesse Conway, 5. 39 David Mills, 6. 98 Glenn Bittrolf
1. 04 Matt Loving, 2. 16 Nik Larson, 3. 92 Katie Jackson, 4. 5 AJ Fugitt, 5. 11T Ray Stebbins
1. Margeson, 2. Jorgenson, 3. Smith, 4. Thomas, 5. Rankine, 6. Loving, 7. Jackson, 8. Larson, 9. Fugitt, 10. Conway, 11. Bittrolf, 12. Hayes, 13. Mills, 14. Stebbins, 15. Vaughn, 16. Greene, 17. Lindquist, 18. O'Brien
360 Sprint Cars
8B Devon Borden
1. 3 JJ Hickle, 2. 8 Devon Borden, 3. 33s Lance Sargent
1. 0J Jay Cole, 2. 24 Tyler Anderson, 3. 15 Jeff Dunlap, 4. 66 John Keller
1. Anderson, 2. Cole, 3. Sargent, 4. Hickle, 5. Dunlap, 6. Keller, 7. Borden, 8. Stuart
1. 77 Jeremy Jones, 2. 1s Cory Sweatman, 3. 555 Trevor Dungent, 4. 3 Max Sanford, 5. 17 Blake Turbin, 6. 96 Mark Champine, 7. 8X Melvin Welch, 8. 75 Chad Norton
1. 13XXX Don Briggs Sr, 2. 23 Tyler Sundstrom, 3. 12XXX Devon Harper, 4. 7 Joseph Palmer, 5. 1 Addison Smith, 6. 17F Bryan Flink
A-Main (Top 9):
1. Jones, 2. Sweatman, 3. Briggs Sr. 4. Sanford, 5. Palmer, 6. Harper, 7. Norton, 8. Sundstrom, 9. Smith
|Current time is 10:05 AM|
|NWRaceChat > RACETALK > Grays Harbor Raceway > Anderson wins #3, Margeson, Moore and Jones Feature Winners||Top|