|Moderated by: Rick Terry, Kelly Hart, Kaleb, Fletch||
|Lindsey, Parshall, Jones Victorious On Memorial Day Weekend|| Rate Topic
|Posted: Monday May 28th, 2018 12:40 AM||
Aarons Racing Videos
|Lindsey, Parshall, Jones Victorious On Memorial Day Weekend
The Wingless Sprint Series, Cut Rate Auto Parts Street Stocks and Outlaw Tuners took to the 3/8 banked clay oval on Saturday night bringing a great car count for all three classes and a great crowd into the stands. After a wild night on the track, the skies lit up with a great firework show.
Cut Rate Auto Parts Street Stocks
The 20 lap Street Stocks feature started off a little rough with a handful of incidents causing complete restarts. On the third complete restart Montesano's Scott Fritts took the early lead with Matt White of Aberdeen taking over second. Spanaway driver Tom Hecker knocked on the back bumper of White for second, taking over the position on a lap 2 restart moving White back to third. Fritts continued to lead but saw problems off of turn four, spinning to the infield and bringing out the caution on lap 5. Hecker led White and Hoquiam's Jack Parshall to the green. Parshall and White raced hard for second, with Parshall taking the position and looking to track down Hecker. Contact between White and Parshall saw White spin in turn one, bringing out the caution on lap 7. A three car battle had the fans on their feet on a long green flag run between Hecker, Parshall and Ryen Haney of Elma. Haney and Parshall raced side by side for second, as both were at the back bumper of Hecker. Lap 11 saw the caution flag fly for Fritts once again, slowing in turn one. Unfortunately Hecker would stop in turn four with mechanical issues, ending his night, giving up the lead to Haney.
On the restart Haney had tough company with Parshall right on his back bumper. Parshall looked to the inside a handful of times to take he top spot and did on lap 14 bringing White with him. Another three car battle saw Parshall fending off White and Haney. At the end of the feature Parshall took the checkered flag over Haney, White, Cory Sweatman of Aberdeen, and Ocean Shore's driver Jeff Daniel. Heat race winners were Parshall, Hecker, and Haney, with Parshall picking up quick time.
Wingless Sprint Series
20 wingless sprint cars signed in for the evening, with 19 of them starting the 25 lap feature event. Rob Lindsey of Sherwood, Ore took the early lead from Bert Johnson of Lake Stevens. The battle for third between a pair of Oregon drivers Tim Alberding and Brad Rhodes was very exciting to watch. Rhodes continued to hang on for second until he lost control off of turn four bringing out the caution on lap 3. On the restart Lindsey led Johnson, Alberding, and Mike Romig of Vancouver into turn one. Romig looked to take over the third spot from Alberding with a pass in turn two on lap 5. Lindsey continued to pull away as Johnson and Romig battled for second changing position a handful of times. Later in the feature lap traffic became a huge factor for Lindsey allowing Romig and Johnson a shot for the lead. Romig stuck the nose of his car to the low side to try and take the lead but remained cautious with lap traffic.
Johnson, who battled with Alberding for third, caught up with Lindsey and Romig, looking to make a pass on the high side of the raceway with just a few laps to go. The caution flag flew on lap 23 for Gene Cannon of Canby, Ore. On the green, white, checkered restart, Romig looked to the low side, Johnson looked to the high side, trying to make a move at Lindsey for the lead, but could not pull it off. Lindsey picked up the win over Romig, Johnson, Alberding, and Chris Batalgia of Forrest Grove, Ore. Heat race winners were Mark Herz of Sandy, Ore, Alberding, and Johnson. Lindsey picked up the trophy dash and quick time.
The 15 lap Outlaw Tuner feature saw Tyler Sundstrom of Aberdeen take the early lead, with Shelton's Joseph Palmer having a three car battle for second with Belfair driver Max Sanford and Jeremy Jones of Wishkah. Jones took over the running up spot leaving a battle for Palmer and Sanford for third. Olympia's Devon Harper looked to be one of the fastest on the raceway working his way into the top five and tracking down Palmer and Don Briggs Sr of Wishkah. Sundstrom looked to have the race covered as the battle to watch was for third between Briggs Sr and Harper. Both drivers went back and forth for third, but the caution flag flew on lap 9 for Cory Sweatman of Aberdeen.
On the restart, Sundstrom had tough company with Jones right on his back bumper, and making a pass for the lead on lap 12 taking over the top spot. Sundstrom looked to try and make a move, but couldn't successfully make the pass. At the end of the feature, Jones made it two in a row in the Outlaw Tuner division taking the checkered flag. Sundstrom, Briggs Sr., Harper and Sanford. Heat race winners were Jones, Briggs Sr. and Palmer.
Racing resumes next Saturday night at Grays Harbor Raceway with the Summer Thunder Sprint Series, Shipwreck Beads Modifieds, Cut Rate Auto Parts Street Stocks, and the PHRA Dwarf Cars. Gates will open at 5:30PM with racing at 7PM.
Grays Harbor Raceway
May 26, 2018
Cut Rate Auto Parts Street Stocks
9 Jack Parshall
1. 9 Jack Parshall, 2. 23B Matt White, 3. 55L Wayne Lemmon, 4. 75X Justin Lindley, 5. 55 Samantha Stevens, 6. 11 Daryl Brumfield
1. 5 Tom Hecker, 2. 61 Dave Larson, 3. 14 Jeff Daniel, 4. 3D Timmy Phillips, 5. 75 Jared Stevens
1. 67 Ryen Haney, 2. 42 Scott Fritts, 3. 97 Rodger Perry, 4. 1s Cory Sweatman, 5. 4 Scott Semanko
1. Parshall, 2. Haney, 3. White, 4. Sweatman, 5. Daniel, 6. Jared Stevens, 7. Larson, 8. Semanko, 9. Perry, 10. Hecker, 11. Fritts, 12. Samantha Stevens, 13. Phillips, 14. Lemmon, 15. Lemley
Wingless Sprint Series
23 Rob Lindsey
1. 28 Mark Herz, 2. 25 Pat Canfield, 3. 23 Rob Lindsey, 4. 8X Otto Jorgenson, 5. 54 John Butler, 6. 15R Jake Gilman, 7. Nate Giester
1. 52 Tim Alberding, 2. 22R Mike Romig, 3. 50 Brad Rhodes, 4. 12R Darren Rothe, 5. 29T Tommy Moreno, 6. 18 Gene Cannon
1. 9J Bert Johnson, 2. 3 Wayne Van Raden, 3. 26K Tim Kennedy, 4. 23s Skeeter Flake, 5. 11x Chris Batalgia, 6. 85 Jamee Gardner
1. Lindsey, 2. Alberding, 3. Johnson, 4. Canfield
1. Lindsey, 2. Romig, 3. Johnson, 4. Alberding, 5. Batalgia, 6. Herz, 7. Jorgenson, 8. Van Raden, 9. Gilman, 10. Moreno, 11. Rothe, 12. Kennedy, 13. Rhodes, 14. Butler, 15. Giester, 16. Gardner, 17. Cannon, 18. Flake, 19. Canfield
1. 77 Jeremy Jones, 2. 23 Tyler Sundstrom, 3. 2s Maynard Barnum Jr, 4. 0 Zach Dalrymple, 5. 75 Chad Norton
1. 13XXX Don Briggs Sr, 2. 3 Max Saford, 3. 555 Trevor Dugent, 4. 12XXX Devon Harper
1. 7P Joseph Palmer, 2. 1s Cory Sweatman, 3. 96 Mark Champine, 4. 1 Addison Smith
1. Jones, 2. Sundstrom, 3. Briggs Sr, 4. Harper, 5. Sanford, 6. Sweatman, 7. Palmer, 8. Dalrymple, 9. Champine, 10. Norton, 11. Dugent
|Current time is 09:28 AM|
|NWRaceChat > RACETALK > Grays Harbor Raceway > Lindsey, Parshall, Jones Victorious On Memorial Day Weekend||Top|