|Moderated by: Rick Terry, Kelly Hart, Kaleb, Fletch||
|Linder Wins Summer Thunder Feature, Sweatman, Parshall and VanOrtwick Victorious!|| Rate Topic
|Posted: Sunday Jun 3rd, 2018 10:44 PM||
Aarons Racing Videos
|Linder Wins Summer Thunder Feature, Sweatman, Parshall and VanOrtwick Victorious!
Four classes of cars took to the 3/8 banked clay oval of Grays Harbor Raceway on Saturday night with the Summer Thunder Sprint Series, Shipwreck Beads Modifieds, Cut Rate Auto Parts Street Stocks and PHRA Dwarf Cars with a great field of cars.
Cut Rate Auto Parts Street Stocks
Jack Parshall of Hoquiam took the early lead in the 20 lap feature. Ryen Haney of Elma and Ocean Shore's driver Jeff Daniel battled for second. Daniel took over the runner up spot looking to chase down Parshall for the lead. Haney saw a battle for third as Tom Hecker of Spanaway ran right at his back bumper for a handful of laps early in the race. Aberdeen's Cory Sweatman worked his way into the top three after battling with Hecker for a handful of laps and set his sights on Daniel for second until lap 12 when Taylor Miller made contact with the front stretch wall bringing out the caution. On the restart Daniel saw an opportunity to take the lead a few times, looking to the low side of the raceway, but couldn't make the pass on Parshall for the lead. At the end of the 20 lap feature Jack Parshall took the checkered flag. Daniel, Sweatman, Hecker and Haney rounded out the top five. Heat race winners were Parshall and Haney with Parshall picking up quick time.
PHRA Dwarf Cars
21 PHRA Dwarf Cars signed in for their first appearance of 2018. Jim Pavel of Mollala, Ore took the early lead in the 30 lap feature until lap 2 when Pavel spun off of turn two and continued on. Brett Olney of Mollala, Ore took over the top spot with Hillsboro, Ore driver Jeremiah Hester running second. Hester eventually took over the lead on lap 5. Hester had tough company as Brandon Ross of Kelso looked to the try and take the top spot. Gaston, Ore's Corey Esteban raced with Ross for second, and quickly found his way into the lead getting around Hester out of turn two. A long green flag run saw Esteban, Ryan Martinez of Portland, Ore and Roseburg, Ore's Anthony Pope make it a three car battle for the lead. Esteban, Pope and Martinez swapped lead changes a handful of times until a late race incident saw a lap car spin in front of the leaders in turn four, collecting the top three cars. All drivers involved were ok in the incident. Jake VanOrtwick of Scappose, Ore inherited the lead after the incident and went on to pick up the win over Hester, Ross, Mikie Clark of Vancouver, and Martinez, who bounced back to fifth after that late race incident. Heat race winners were Pope, Martinez, and Leo Ward of Happy Valley, Ore
Shipwreck Beads Modifieds
Cosmopolis driver Tom Sweatman took the early lead from the outside of row one in the 25 lap Modified feature. Sam Carlisle of Cosmopolis sat in the second spot looking to chase down Sweatman for the lead. Lap 3 saw Casey Smith of Olympia sitting the wrong direction in turn four bringing out the caution. Sweatman looked good on the restart as Aberdeen's Zack Simpson moved into second. A three car battle for third between Carlisle, Oakville's Brian Harding and Devan West of Shelton was the race to watch. Harding and West raced side by side for third for a handful of laps as Campbell River, BC driver Lane Zerbin joined into the mix making it a three car battle once again. Sweatman continued to stay out front, working the low side of the raceway and slowly pulling away from Simpson as the battle for third between West and Zerbin was the race to watch. Sweatman maneuvered his way through lap traffic and went on to pick up the win over Simpson, Zerbin, West and Shelton's Scott Miller. Heat race winners were Carlisle, Sweatman and Harding, with Kelly Fugate of Spanaway winning the B-Main.
Summer Thunder Sprint Series
Central Point, Ore's Garen Linder and JJ Hickle of Quilcene set the front row of the 30 lap Summer Thunder Sprint Series feature. Hickle took the early lead with Linder at his back bumper. Both drivers traded slide jobs until a lap 2 caution for Elma driver Jason Reed spinning to a stop in turn four set up a restart. Linder saw another opportunity to throw a slide job at Hickle for the top spot, taking over the lead in turn four. Marysville driver Colton Heath looked to make it a battle for second with Hickle, taking over the position on lap four. Linder ran the top side of the raceway as the track became very wide, with Heath chasing him down. Linder quickly found himself catching up to lap traffic, working his way through, extending his lead on the rest of the field. The fourth place position saw a three car battle between Hickle, Buddy Kofoid of Penngrove, CA, and Jared Peterson of Stanwood. Kofoid moved into fourth looking to chase down Jason Solwold of Burlington for third. Linder looked dominate through lap traffic, keeping distance between himself and Heath and would go on to pick up the win. Heath, Kofoid, Solwold and Hickle rounded out the top five. Heat race winners were Eric Fisher of Burlington, Cam Smith of Mill Creek, Raymond's Devon Borden, and Kofoid. Solwold picked up quick time.
Racing will resume next Saturday night for Round 2 of the Wingless Sprint Series and the Wingless Sprint Shootout presented by Modern Machinery and Walker Racing Development. Also on hand will be the Shipwreck Beads Modifieds, Northwest Focus Midgets Series, and Outlaw Tuners. Gates will open at 5:30PM with racing at 7PM.
Grays Harbor Raceway
June 2, 2018
Cut Rate Auto Parts Street Stocks
9 Jack Parshall
1. 9 Jack Parshall, 2. 23B Matt White, 3. 1s Cory Sweatman, 4. 75 Jared Stevens, 5. 3D Timmy Phillips, 6. 97 Rodger Perry, 7. 55L Wayne Lemmon
1. 67 Ryen Haney, 2. 14 Jeff Daniel, 3. 5 Tom Hecker, 4. 42 Scott Fritts, 5. 11 Daryl Brumfield, 6. 19 Taylor Miller, 7. 06 Mike Long, 8. 00 Kirk McGinnis
1. Parshall, 2. Daniel, 3. Sweatman, 4. Hecker, 5. Haney, 6. Fritts, 7. White 8. Stevens, 9. Brumfield, 10. McGinnis, 11. Phillips, 12. Long, 13. Perry, 14. Miller
PHRA Dwarf Cars:
1. 22K Anthony Pope, 2. 5K Brandon Ross, 3. 36 Corey Estaban, 4. 3K Jim Fischer, 5. 89Z Henry Corbin III, 6. 00 Jim Pavel, 7. Tony Evans
1. 9K Ryan Martinez, 2. 96K Jeremiah Hester, 3. 4K Mike Clark, 4. 24K Justin DeMars, 5. 18W Ren Marose, 6. 4W Brian Taylor, 7. 1W Buddy Scheid
1. 74K Leo Ward, 2. 53V Jake VanOrtwick, 3. 13Z Brett Olney, 4. 90Z Henry Corbin II, 5. 98K Erin Morganstern, 6. 5W Steve Taylor
1. VanOrtwick, 2. Hester, 3. Ross, 4. Clark, 5. Martinez, 6. Ward, 7. DeMars, 8. Corbin III, 9. Fischer, 10. Pavel, 11. Corbin II, 12. Evans, 13. Brian Taylor, 14. Marose, 15. Morgenstern, 16. Scheid, 17. Estaban, 18. Pope, 19. Olney, 20. Steve Taylor
Shipwreck Beads Modifieds:
1. 18X Sam Carlisle, 2. 12s Zack Simpson, 3. 6M Alan Munechow, 4. 75C Casey Smith, 5. 87K Brenton Schnitzer, 6. 714 Zach Fuller, 7. 40 Mike Knox, 8. 87 Tyler Walker
1. 11 Tom Sweatman, 2. 75 Lane Zerbin, 3. 1W Devan West, 4. 34 Gene Miller, 5. 17E Cody Erskine, 6. 8 Steve Bulpitt, 7. 98 Dan Kinnaman, 8. 86 Dave Howard
1. 28 Brian Harding, 2. 26 Scott Miller, 3. 34T Jason Tole, 4. 97 Tyson Blood, 5. 41 Tim Phillips, 6. 22X Kelly Fugate, 7. 4R Bill Rowe
1. Fugate, 2. Bulpitt, 3. Rowe, 4. Fuller, 5. Howard, 6. Kinnaman
1. Sweatman, 2. Simpson, 3. Zerbin, 4. West, 5. Scott Miller, 6. Harding, 7. Schnitzer, 8. Carlisle, 9. Muenchow, 10. Blood, 11. Fugate, 12. Tole, 13. Phillips, 14. Gene Miller, 15. Smith, 16. Rowe, 17. Bulpitt, 18. Erskine
Summer Thunder Sprint Series:
18 Jason Solwold
1. 59 Eric Fisher, 2. 18 Jason Solwold, 3. 8P Jared Peterson, 4. 45 Austin Wheatley, 5. 33A Lucas Ashe
1. 17 Cam Smith 2. 33 Colton Heath, 3. 22 Garen Linder, 4. 91 Chase Goetz, 5. 15 Jeff Dunlap
1. 8B Devon Borden, 2. 3 JJ Hickle, 3. 96 Greg Hamilton, 4. 33s Lance Sargent, 5. 5 Steve Reeves
1. 8R Buddy Kofoid, 2. 0J Jay Cole, 3. 97R Jason Reed, 4. 75 Brian Boswell, 5. 23 Garrett McLees
1. Linder, 2. Heath, 3. Kofoid, 4. Solwold, 5. Hickle, 6. Wheatley, 7. Hamilton, 8. Cole, 9. Smith, 10. Peterson, 11. Goetz, 12. Ashe, 13. Fisher, 14. Sargent, 15. Reed, 16. Borden 17. Reeves, 18. Dunlap, 19. McLees, 20. Boswell
|Current time is 11:32 PM|
|NWRaceChat > RACETALK > Grays Harbor Raceway > Linder Wins Summer Thunder Feature, Sweatman, Parshall and VanOrtwick Victorious!||Top|