|Moderated by: Rick Terry, Kelly Hart, Kaleb, Fletch||
|Trenchard Wins Northwest Modified Nationals, Youngren First Time Winner|| Rate Topic
|Posted: Monday Jul 30th, 2018 07:03 PM||
Aarons Racing Videos
|Trenchard Wins Northwest Modified Nationals, Youngren First Time Winner
The final night of the 19th Annual Shipwreck Beads Northwest Modified Nationals and PHRA Dwarf Car Challenge saw a wild night of racing in front of a great crowd. The Modifieds lined up the evening by points from Friday, setting up a C, B and A-Main event. The PHRA Dwarf Cars had a regular night, running heat races, B-Main and A-Main.
PHRA Dwarf Cars
Scappoose, Ore driver Jake VanOrtwick and Danny Altom of Lebanon set the front row of the PHRA Dwarf Cars feature event. Altom led the first handful of laps with VanOrtWick running in second. VanOrtwick saw a challenge from Shane Youngren of Tigard, Ore who took over the runner up spot and looked to challenge Altom for the lead. A pass out of turn one saw Youngren take the lead in turn one on lap 6. Altom and VanOrtwick battled for second as Hillsboro, Ore driver Jeremiah Hester joined in on the battle. Lap 12 saw problems for VanOrtWick as he slowed to a stop in turn one. Hester looked to make a challenge at Youngren on the restart to try and take over the lead. Youngren had plenty of momentum to stay out front as Happy Valley, Ore's Leo Ward battled with Hester for second. Hester challenged Youngren for the lead later in the feature a handful of times, running the low side, and even a challenge on the outside. Youngren would hold on to pick up his first career Grays Harbor Raceway win over Hester, Kelso's Brandon Ross, Sandy, Ore driver Justin DeMars, and Brian Lee of Campbell River, BC. Heat race winners were Albany, Ore's John Chrisman, Josh Rodgers of Longview, Hester, Mollala, Ore's Henry Corbin III and Ryan Martinez of Portland, Ore won the B-Main.
Northwest Modified Nationals
The 40 lap Shipwreck Beads Modified Nationals saw Kalamath Falls, Ore driver Nick Trenchard take the early lead. Trenchard, who has won 4 of the last 5 Modified Nationals, looked strong on the opening lap until the caution quickly flew for Lawrence O'Connor of Port Hardy, BC. The restart saw Trenchard quickly get out front with Albany, Ore's Matthew Drager looking to track him down for the lead. Collen Winebarger of Corbett, Ore moved into third getting by Austin Kerrigan of Aberdeen. Lap 3 saw a pile up of cars in turn two bringing out the caution. On the restart, Drager and Winebarger battled for second as Trenchard ran the low side of the 3/8 banked clay oval with no mistake. A caution filled feature allowed Winebarger and Drager to make their move at Trenchard, who ran strong all feature long. One of the races to watch for a handful of laps was for the second position between Winebarger and Drager as well as the battle for third through fifth between BJ Wild Redmond, Ore, Campbell River, BC's Lane Zerbin and Tom Sweatman of Cosmopolis. A long green flag run saw plenty of action and a chance for Winebarger to take a shot at Trenchard through lap traffic. Lap 38 saw the caution come out for Shelton's Scott Miller, setting up a green, white, checkered finish.
On the restart, contact between Burlington's Kevin Smith and Campbell River, BC driver Graham Cook started a pile up in turn one with multiple cars involved bringing out the red flag. All drivers did walk away uninjured. The final restart gave Winebarger one last shot at Trenchard. Winebarger tried to challenge going into turn one but couldn't make the pass, with Trenchard sealing the deal and going on to win the 40 lap 19th Annual Shipwreck Beads Modified Nationals feature. Winebarger, Drager, O'Connor, and Miller rounded out the top five. Earlier in the evening David Wolfard of Bremerton won the C-Main with Seabeck's Kyler Moore picking up the B-Main event.
Racing will resume this Saturday night as the Wingless Sprint Series make their final appearance of 2018 at Grays Harbor Raceway for Round 3 of the Modern Machinery/Walker Racing Development Wingless Sprint Shootout. Also on hand will be the Cut Rate Auto Parts Street Stocks and Outlaw Tuners. Gates will open at 5:30PM with racing at 7PM.
Grays Harbor Raceway
19th Annual Shipwreck Beads Northwest Modified Nationals
PHRA Dwarf Car Challenge
PHRA Dwarf Cars
1. 88s John Chrisman, 2. 74K Leo Ward, 3. 30s Cody Peters, 4. 5o Danny Altom, 5. 54C Clayton Parson, 6. 00 Jim Pavel, 7. 45W Tony Evans, 8. 95K Bailey Bell
1. 88K Josh Rodgers, 2. 13K Glenn Hester, 3. 17K Chuck Jones, 4. 53o Jake VanOrtwick, 5. 4W Brian Taylor, 6. 5W Steve Taylor, 7. 09 Josh King, 8. 31 Mike Schoonover
1. 96K Jeremiah Hester, 2. 2s Brock Peters, 3. 18 Shane Youngren, 4. 48C Brian Lee, 5. 4K Jess Turner Sr. 6. 5K Brandon Ross, 7. 90Z Henry Corbin II, 8. 777 Mike Johnson
1. 89Z Henry Corbin III, 2. 4US Brett James, 3. 24K Justin DeMars, 4. 37W Troy Kunas, 5. 3K Jim Fischer, 6. 18W Ren Marose, 7. 9K Ryan Martinez
1. Martinez, 2. King, 3. Parson, 4. Hester, 5. Ross, 6. Pavel, 7. Johnson, 8. Corbin II, 9. Fischer, 10. Evans, 11. Turner Sr. 12. Marose, 13. Brian Taylor, 14. Steve Taylor
1. Youngren, 2. Jeremiah Hester, 3. Ross, 4. DeMars, 5. Lee, 6. Altom, 7. Rodgers, 8. Glenn Hester, 9. Kunas, 10. Jones, 11. Corbin II, 12. Pavel, 13. James, 14. Fischer, 15. Chrisman, 16. Ward, 17. Brock Peters, 18. Parson, 19. King, 20. VanOrtWick, 21. Martinez, 22. Corbin III, 23. Johnson, 24. Jones
Northwest Modified Nationals
1. 58 David Wolfard, 2. 45s Aaron Sheelar, 3. 2G James Welshonse, 4. 714 Zach Fuller, 5. 48 David Soulek, 6. 9H Mark Hill, 7. 98 Dan Kinnaman, 8. 28 Brian Harding, 9. 34s Jason St. Paul, 10. 86 Dave Howard, 11. 31 Don Martin, 12. 4R Bill Rowe
1. 14K Kyler Moore, 2. 7K Kevin Smith, 3. 89C Albert Gill, 4. 17 Brian Izzi, 5. 44B Nick Bessette, 6. Sheelar, 7. Wolfard, 8. 25M Brent Morris, 9. 90 Stephen Kaptur, 10. 87 Tyler Walker, 11. 10xx Dan Butenschoen, 12. 12s Zack Simpson, 13. Fuller, 14. 87K Brenton Schnitzer, 15. 1W Devan West, 16. 95N Branden Nutter, 17. 18X Sam Carlisle, 18. Welshonse.
1. 54N Nick Trenchard, 2. S1 Collen Winebarger, 3. 21A Matthew Drager, 4. 27 Lawrence O'Connor, 5. 26 Scott Miller, 6. 81 Lane Zerbin, 7. 11s Tom Sweatman, 8. 97 Tyson Blood, 9. Bessette, 10. 43K Shane Kerrigan, 11. AK47 Austin Kerrigan, 12. Smith, 13. 75 Graham Cook, 14. 12 BJ Wild, 15. 14K Kyler Moore, 16. Gill, 17. Kaptur, 18. Sheelar, 19. 51 Craig Moore, 20. Izzi, 21. Simpson, 22. 41 Tim Phillips, 23. 36 John Campos, 24. 15J Jeremy Richey
|Current time is 01:32 AM|
|NWRaceChat > RACETALK > Grays Harbor Raceway > Trenchard Wins Northwest Modified Nationals, Youngren First Time Winner||Top|