|Moderated by: Rick Terry, Kelly Hart, Kaleb, Fletch||
|Lindsey, Parshall and Norton Feature Winners!|| Rate Topic
|Posted: Monday Aug 6th, 2018 12:48 AM||
Aarons Racing Videos
|Lindsey, Parshall and Norton Feature Winners!
The Wingless Sprint Series made their final appearance of 2018 at Grays Harbor Raceway for Round 3 of the Modern Machinery/Walker Racing Development Wingless Sprint Shootout. Also on hand were the Cut Rate Auto Parts Street Stocks and Outlaw Tuners.
Cut Rate Auto Parts Street Stocks
Jeff Daniel of Ocean Shores and Spanaway's Tom Hecker set the front row for the 20 lap Street Stocks feature. Daniel took the early lead out of turn two, as Aberdeen's Cory Sweatman moved into the second spot. Daniel and Sweatman raced to the line for the opening lap making it very close. Sweatman eventually took the lead as Daniel was shuffled back to third. Austin Kerrigan of Aberdeen worked his way into the second spot looking to chase down Sweatman for the lead. Lap 4 saw Kerrigan take the top spot from Sweatman. Hecker and Sweatman battled for a handful of laps for second with Hecker taking over the runner up position. Contract between a pair of Olympia drivers, Dave Larson and Erick Doss brought out the caution on lap 13.
Kerrigan led the field to the green, as Parshall and Sweatman battled for second. Kerrigan continued to extend his lead on the rest of the field looking strong on the low side of the 3/8 banked clay oval. Lap 18, Kerrigan spun while leading in turn two bringing out the caution giving up the lead to Parshall. The rest of the feature saw multiple cautions while attempting a green, white, checkered finish, and the feature ended under caution with Parshall picking up the win over Hecker, Sweatman, Kerrigan, and Elma's Ryen Haney rounding out the top five. Heat race winners were Kerrigan and Sweatman with Kerrigan also picking up fast time.
Wingless Sprint Series
The final appearance of the Wingless Sprint Series of 2018 brought 17 sprint cars to Grays Harbor Raceway. Sherwood, Ore driver Rob Lindsey took the early lead as Ryan Cully of Alger moved into second. A four car battle for third saw Bert Johnson of Lake Stevens hold on to the position. Cully made a pass out of turn four on Lindsey to take the lead on lap three. Lindsey stayed close waiting for any mistake to capitalize. Jonathan Jorgenson of Auburn saw a great battle with Sandy, Ore driver Mark Herz, with Jorgenson taking over the position and looking to go after Johnson for third. Contact between both drivers in turn four saw Johnson go sideways and bring out the caution for debris. Cully stayed to the bottom on the restart as that was the preferred line to continue leading the feature. Lindsey stayed close and Jonathan Jorgenson joined in on the battle. Jorgenson saw issues late in the feature after contact with a uke tire on the berm ending his evening. A late race restart set up a three lap shootout between Cully and Lindsey. Cully stayed to the bottom, but slid up slightly out of turn four giving the lead to Lindsey. Lance Hallmark of McMinnville, Ore also made a move for the second position. Lindsey held on to pick up the win over Hallmark, Cully, Herz, Jake Gilman of Forrest Grove, Ore and Salem, Ore's Tim Alberding. Heat race winners were Jonathan Jorgenson, Cully, and Lindsey, with Johnson picking up the dash, and Jonathan Jorgenson with fast time.
Maynard Barnum Jr of Raymond and Olympia's Nik Sheats led the field to the green flag for the 15 lap Outlaw Tuner feature. Sheats took the early lead with Barnum running second. Trevor Dugent of Tacoma and Aberdeen's Tyler Sundstrom battled for third, racing side by side for position. Sheats saw issues on lap 2 while leading, almost making contact with the turn four wall, bringing out the caution. Barnum Jr led the field to the green flag, but it didn't take long for Sundstrom to take over the top spot. Jeremy Jones of Wishkah made a move from fourth, getting around Dugent and Barnum Jr for second. Jones set his sights on Sundstrom for the lead making a pass out of turn four on lap 6. Sundstrom stayed close as both drivers raced side by side for position for a handful of laps. Sundstrom took the lead midway through the feature but had no room for mistake as Jones stayed right there with him. Sundstrom took the white flag with Jones right there waiting for the right time to make a move. Going into turn three, contact from Jones slowed Sundstrom up, allowing third place Chad Norton of Tenino to steal the win at the line. Sundstrom, Barnum, Dugent, and Danny Andrews of Belfair rounded out the top five. Heat race winners were Jones and Sundstrom.
Next Saturday night will be the Pepsi Fair Race during the Grays Harbor County Fair. The Shipwreck Beads Modifieds, Cut Rate Auto Parts Street Stocks, running their Iron Man Race, and Outlaw Tuners will be on hand. Just a reminder, FREE Admission into the track will be with your admission into the Grays Harbor County Fair. Another reminder, we will be starting two hours EARLIER then normal. Gates will open at 3PM, with racing at 5PM.
Grays Harbor Raceway
August 4, 2018
Cut Rate Auto Parts Street Stocks:
AK47 Austin Kerrigan
1. AK47 Austin Kerrigan, 2. 5 Tom Hecker, 3. 9 Jack Parshall, 4. 4X George Madison, 5. 23B Matt White, 6. 61 Dave Larson, 7. 4 Scott Semanko
1. 1s Cory Sweatman, 2. 14 Jeff Daniel, 3. 67 Ryen Haney, 4. 97 Rodger Perry, 5. 86 Eric Doss, 6. 57 Devon Harper
1. Parshall, 2. Hecker, 3. Sweatman, 4. Kerrigan, 5. Haney, 6. Larson, 7. White, 8. Madison, 9. Perry, 10. Doss, 11. Daniel, 12. Semanko, 13. Harper
Wingless Sprint Series:
89 Jonathan Jorgenson
1. 89 Jonathan Jorgenson, 2. 8X Otto Jorgenson, 3. 9J Bert Johnson, 4. 8H Lance Hallmark, 5. 15R Jake Gilman, 6. 38 Nate Geister
1. 21J Ryan Cully, 2. 28 Mark Herz, 3. 3 Wayne Van Raden, 4. 54 John Butler, 5. 11X Chris Batalgia, 6. 26K Tim Kennedy
1. 23 Rob Lindsey, 2. 52 Tim Alberding, 3. 29T Tommy Moreno, 4. 97R Jason Reed, 5. 18 Gene Cannon
1. Johnson, 2. Jonathan Jorgenson, 3. Cully, 4. Alberding
1. Lindsey, 2. Hallmark, 3. Cully, 4. Herz, 5. Gilman, 6. Alberding, 7. Johnson, 8. Otto Jorgenson, 9. Batalgia, 10. Moreno, 11. Butler, 12. Cannon, 13. Kennedy, 14. Giester, 15. Jonthan Jorgenson, 16. Van Raden, 17. Reed
1. 77 Jeremy Jones, 2. 75 Chad Norton, 3. 95 Danny Andrews, 4. 88 Nik Sheats, 5. 44X Riley Watkins
1. 23 Tyler Sundstrom, 2. 13XXX Don Briggs Sr., 3. 555 Trevor Dugent, 4. 2s Maynard Barnum, 5. 0 Zach Dalrymple, 6. 75X Robert Lokovsek
1. Norton, 2. Sundstrom, 3. Barnum, 4. Dugent, 5. Andrews, 6. Dalrymple, 7. Jones, 8. Lokovsek, 9. Watkins, 10. Briggs Sr. 11. Sheats
|Current time is 12:08 AM|
|NWRaceChat > RACETALK > Grays Harbor Raceway > Lindsey, Parshall and Norton Feature Winners!||Top|