|Moderated by: Rick Terry, Kelly Hart, Kaleb, Fletch||
|Cory Sweatman Wins Iron Man, Tom Sweatman and Norton Victorious|| Rate Topic
|Posted: Monday Aug 13th, 2018 06:43 PM||
Aarons Racing Videos
|Cory Sweatman Wins Iron Man, Tom Sweatman and Norton Victorious
During the Grays Harbor County Fair, the 3/8 banked clay oval was alive on Saturday evening as the Cut Rate Auto Parts Street Stocks, Shipwreck Beads Modifieds, and Outlaw Tuners put on a wild night of racing action. The Street Stocks ran two, 20 lap features for their Iron Man Challenge.
Cut Rate Auto Parts Street Stocks Iron Man Challenge
Austin Kerrigan of Aberdeen took the early lead with Cory Sweatman of Aberdeen looking to chase him down. Ron Brewster of Spokane sat in the third position. Hoquiam's Jason Tole moved himself into third racing with Brewster for position. Brewster saw tough company while running fourth as Montesano's Scott Fritts and Tom Hecker of Spanaway made it a three car battle for the fourth position. A long green flag run saw the checkered flag quickly as Austin Kerrigan picked up the win. The second 20 lap feature lined up on how they finished with Kerrigan taking back over the lead. Cory Sweatman remained in the second position looking for any mistake by Kerrigan. Brewster worked his way back into the third position racing with Tole once again.
Sweatman stayed right at the back bumper of Kerrigan looking to the outside at an attempt for the lead. The top four stayed right there close but the caution flag flew on lap 23 for Jeff Daniel of Ocean Shores, slowing to a stop in turn one. On the restart Kerrigan led Sweatman and Tole. Sweatman ran the higher side of the raceway as Kerrigan stayed low. Sweatman made a move for the lead on lap 27 and was successful at taking over the top spot. Lap 31 saw Kerrigan take the lead back, bringing Tole with him shifting Sweatman back to third. As lap traffic became a factor, Kerrigan maneuvered his way through the slower cars. As Kerrigan and Tole took the white flag, a slower car held up Kerrigan allowing Tole to make a last lap, last corner move, Kerrigan and Tole made contact sending both cars spinning as Sweatman took the checkered flag from third. Hecker, Brewster, Hoquiam's Jack Parshall and Tole rounded out the top five. Heat race winners were Tole, Brewster, and Sweatman, with Tole picking up fast time.
Shipwreck Beads Modifieds
Casey Smith of Olympia took the early lead in the 25 lap Shipwreck Beads Modified feature. Mark Carrell of Redmond quickly made a move for the lead on the low side of the raceway in turn three. Lap 1 saw a multiple car incident involving Kelly Fugate of Spanaway, Elma's Tyler Walker, as contact between both caught numerous cars as well. Walker did slow to a stop in turn two after the incident. Carrell led the field to the green as Cosmopolis driver Tom Sweatman moved into the second spot. Shelton's Scott Miller and Brian Harding of Hoquiam battled Smith for third with Miller taking over the position and bringing Harding with him. Carrell moved to the high side of the raceway, giving the bottom lane to Sweatman, both raced side by side for a lap until Sweatman took the lead on lap 7. A few laps later a heavy rain shower delayed the feature for 25 to 30 minutes. Track prep crews worked the racetrack back into shape and the feature continued. Sweatman looked strong out front as the battle for second saw Carrell, Scott Miller and Harding battling for position. Miller and Harding moved their way by Carrell, looking for a way to track down Sweatman for the lead. At the end of the 25 lap feature, Sweatman took home the win, with Carrell, Scott Miller, Harding, and Aberdeen's Shane Kerrigan rounded out the top five. Heat race winners were Harding, Scott Miller, and Sweatman.
Maynard Barnum of Raymond and Tenino's Chad Norton set the front row of the 15 lap Outlaw Tuner feature. Norton took the early lead bringing Aberdeen driver Tyler Sundstrom with him. Barnum slipped back to third racing with Max Sanford of Belfair and Jeremy Jones of Wishkah. Sanford and Jones worked their way past Barnum and made a battle of their own for third. Norton had tough company as Sundstrom looked a handful of times for the lead running low on the raceway. Norton continued to run the middle, having more power off the corners. A lap 8 caution for Barnum slowing to a stop in turn two gave Jones and Sundstrom a shot at the lead from Norton. Jones looked to the low side to take over second but couldn't make the pass. Later on Jones made a move for second and was successful. Another heavy rain shower appeared with just a few laps left ending the feature early as Norton picked up the win over Sundstrom, Jones, Sanford, and Danny Andrews of Belfair. Heat race winners were Barnum and Norton.
Grays Harbor Raceway will return this Friday and Saturday night. Friday night will see the ISCS Sportsman Sprint Speedweek for the Sportsman Sprint Cars. Also on hand will be the PHRA Dwarf Cars for the first night of the Pocket Change Challenge. The Outlaw Tuners will also be on hand. Saturday will be the ISCS Speedweek Finale, PHRA Dwarf Cars Pocket Change Challenge Finale, and the first and only appearance of the Rolling Thunder Big Rigs. Gates will open at 5:30PM, racing will begin at 7PM both nights.
Grays Harbor Raceway
August 11, 2018
Cut Rate Auto Parts Street Stocks
34 Jason Tole
1. 34 Jason Tole, 2. AK47 Austin Kerrigan, 3. 5 Tom Hecker, 4. 9 Jack Parshall, 5. 85 Eric Doss, 6. 99 Jim Solorzano
1. 31B Ron Brewster, 2. 42 Scott Fritts, 3. 23B Matt White, 4. 11 Daryl Brumfield, 5. 78 Josh Anthony, 6. 00 Kirk McGinnis
1. 1s Cory Sweatman, 2. 14 Jeff Daniel, 3. 97 Rodger Perry, 4. 61 Dave Larson, 5. 4 Scott Semanko, 6. 13XXX Don Briggs Jr.
A-Main (Iron Man Challenge):
1. Sweatman, 2. Hecker, 3. Brewster, 4. Parshall, 5. Tole, 6. White, 7. Kerrigan, 8. Perry, 9. Larson, 10. Doss, 11. Semanko, 12. Daniel, 13. Fritts, 14. Brumfield, 15. McGinnis, 16. Solorzano
Shipwreck Beads Modifieds:
1. 28 Brian Harding, 2. 87 Tyler Walker, 3. 22X Kelly Fugate, 4. 31 Don Martin, 5. 34 Gene Miller, 6. 97 Tyson Blood
1. 26 Scott Miller, 2. 17 Brian Izzi, 3. 75C Casey Smith, 4. 4R Bill Rowe, 5. 8 Steve Bulpitt, 6. 714 Zach Fuller, 7. 17E Cody Erskine
1. 11s Tom Sweatman, 2. 27 Mark Carrell, 3. 12s Zack Simpson, 4. 43K Shane Kerrigan, 5. 41 Tim Phillips, 6. 18X Sam Carlisle
1. Sweatman, 2. Carrell, 3. Scott Miller, 4. Harding, 5. Kerrigan, 6. Phillips, 7. Izzi, 8. Simpson, 9. Blood, 10. Smith, 11. Gene Miller, 12. Bulpitt, 13. Carlisle, 14. Walker, 15. Martin, 16. Rowe, 17. Fugate
1. 2s Maynard Barnum, 2. 77 Jeremy Jones, 3. 3 Max Sanford, 4. 95 Danny Andrews, 5. 88 Nik Sheats
1. 75 Chad Norton, 2. 23 Tyler Sundstrom, 3. 555 Trevor Dugent, 4. 75X Robert Lokovsek, 5. 1 Devon Warner, 6. 8 Josh Walker, 7. 3A Michael Bralier
1. Norton, 2. Sundstrom, 3. Jones, 4. Sanford, 5. Andrews, 6. Lokovsek, 7. Sheats, 8. Barnum, 9. Dugent, 10. Walker, 11. Brailer, 12. Briggs Sr. 13. Warner
|Current time is 04:47 AM|
|NWRaceChat > RACETALK > Grays Harbor Raceway > Cory Sweatman Wins Iron Man, Tom Sweatman and Norton Victorious||Top|