|Moderated by: Rick Terry, Kelly Hart, Kaleb, Fletch||
|Moore, Barnes, Parshall and Koch Victorious!|| Rate Topic
|Posted: Sunday May 6th, 2018 09:09 PM||
Aarons Racing Videos
|Moore, Barnes, Parshall and Koch Victorious!
The Washington Modified Tour made it's first appearance of 2018 on the 3/8 banked clay oval along with the first appearance of the Sportsman Sprints. Also on hand were the Cut Rate Auto Parts Street Stocks and Outlaw Tuners. The weather started out sunny but later in the evening a rain shower hit delaying the evening for a short time. The track crew worked hard to get the raceway back into racing conditions and the evening continued on.
Cut Rate Auto Parts Street Stocks
Jack Parshall of Hoquiam led the Street Stock feature into turn one with Aberdeen driver Matt White running in second. Scott Fritts of Montesano challenged White for the runner up spot, moving White to 3rd. Behind the top three a crazy battle between seven drivers made for exciting racing as Ocean Shores driver Jeff Daniel and Cory Sweatman of Aberdeen raced their way into the top five. White had tough company as Daniel and Sweatman made it a three car battle for third. White gave it a hard fought battle until spinning in turn one on lap 7 bringing out the caution. Parshall continued to lead on the restart with Fritts right at his back bumper, a handful of restarts allowed Fritts and Daniel to take a shot at Parshall for the lead but Parshall continued to have more momentum on the low side of the raceway, picking up the win over Fritts, Tom Hecker of Spanaway, Daniel, and Ryen Haney of Elma. Heat race winners earlier in the evening were Parshall and White. Parshall also picked up quick time.
Steve Parker of Sedro Woolley took the early lead in the 25 lap feature for the Sportsman Sprints. Devin Barnes of Edmonds quickly moved into the second position with Ferndale driver Ashleigh Johnson running third. Parker quickly caught up with lap traffic allowing Barnes to close in. Bert Johnson of Lake Stevens looked to have tough company as Kelsey Carpenter of Burlington closed in on him looking to take over the fourth position, while Johnson looked to catch up with Ashleigh Johnson taking over third as a lapped car held her up. The battle for the lead started to heat up as Barnes took the lead on lap 9 going into turn one. Barnes quickly ran away from the rest of the field and picked up the checkered flag over Parker, Bert Johnson, Ashleigh Johnson, and Carpenter. Heat race winners earlier in the evening were Bailey Sucich of Granite Falls and Parker. Quick time went to Bill Rude of Mt. Vernon.
The 15 lap Outlaw Tuners feature saw Travis Koch of Vancouver take the early lead over Wishkah driver Jeremy Jones. Devon Harper of Olympia moved into the second spot as the yellow quickly flew for Tyler Sundstrom of Aberdeen spinning in turn three. On the restart Koch led Harper and Sandy, Ore driver Eddie Farness to the green. Harper saw trouble as contact between him and Farness caused Harper to spin bringing out the caution. The Outlaw Tuners feature was delayed for a little bit due to rain but once the rain stopped the feature resumed with Koch leading the way. The battle for second between Max Sanford of Belfair and Wishkah driver Don Briggs Sr. was the race to watch as both drivers went back and forth for position. Koch picked up the checkered flag over Sanford, Briggs Sr. Cory Sweatman of Aberdeen and Tenino's Chad Norton rounded out the top five. Heat race winners earlier in the evening were Jones and Koch.
Washington Modified Tour
Kyler Moore of Seabeck and Jeremy Martin of Warren, Ore set the front row of the 25 lap feature. Moore quickly took the lead but the caution flag flew for a multiple car incident in turn three. On the complete restart disaster struck again as another multiple car incident happened in turn two. The third attempt saw Martin take the early lead with Moore racing side by side with him. Martin took to the high side of the raceway with Moore on the bottom. Multiple laps saw side by side racing from both drivers until Moore took the lead. A long green flag run saw a yellow flag for Tyson Blood of Olympia having mechanical problems in turn two on lap 9. On the restart Moore looked strong bringing Martin and Cosmopolis driver Tom Sweatman to the green flag. Fourth through sixth saw a battle between Nick Bessette of Battle Ground, Cosmopolis driver Sam Carlisle and Lawrence O'Connor of Port Hardy, BC. Moore maneuvered his way through lap traffic until a late race caution setup one last chance for Sweatman, O'Connor, and Martin to get the lead from Moore. At the end of the Washington Modified Tour feature Kyler Moore took the checkered flag over Sweatman, O'Connor, Jeremy Martin and Carlisle. Heat race winners earlier in the evening were BJ Wild of Redmond, Ore, Carlisle, Jeremy Martin, and Kyler Moore. The B-Main event saw Brian Harding of Oakville take the checkered flag.
Racing resumes next Saturday night on the 3/8 banked clay oval as the 360 Sprint Cars make another return along with the Cut Rate Auto Parts Street Stocks, Outlaw Tuners and the Vintage Modifieds. Gates open at 5:30PM with racing at 7PM.
Grays Harbor Raceway
May 5, 2018
Cut Rate Auto Parts Street Stocks
9 Jack Parshall
1. 9 Jack Parshall, 2. 88W Corey West, 3. 55 Samantha Stevens, 4. 5 Tom Hecker, 5. 14 Jeff Daniel, 6. 1s Cory Sweatman
1. 23B Matt White, 2. 75 Jared Stevens, 3. 86 Erick Doss, 4. 42 Scott Fritts, 5. 61 Dave Larson, 6. 97 Rodger Perry
1. Parshall, 2. Fritts, 3 Hecker, 4. Daniel, 5. Haney, 6. West, 7. White, 8. Sweatman, 9. Perry, 10. Samantha Stevens, 11. Larson, 12. Jared Stevens
33 Bill Rude
1. 14 Bailey Sucich, 2. 9J Bert Johnson, 3. 33 Bill Rude, 4. Ashleigh Johnson, 5. 99 Malachi Gemmer
1. 23 Steve Parker, 2. 22D Devin Barnes, 3. 06 Frank Sherman, 4. 66 Brett McGhie
1. Barnes, 2. Parker, 3. Bert Johnson, 4. Ashleigh Johnson, 5. Kelsey Carpenter, 6. Sucich, 7. McGhie 8. Sherman, 9. Swatzina
Washington Modified Tour
1. 12 BJ Wild, 2. 51 Craig Moore, 3. 44B Nick Bessette, 4. 31 Don Martin, 5. 151 Adam Holtrop, 6. 87 Tyler Walker, 7. 86 Dave Howard
1. 18X Sam Carlisle, 2. 11 Tom Sweatman, 3. 92 Zach Washington, 4. 75C Casey Smith, 5. 41 Tim Phillips, 6. 98 Dan Kinnaman, 7. 87K Brenton Schnitzer, 8. 22X Kelly Fugate
1. 99 Jeremy Martin, 2. 45 Tiana Berkeley, 3. 58 James Wolfard, 4. 97 Tyson Blood, 5. 17E Cody Erskine, 6. 34 Gene Miller, 7. 714 Zach Fuller, 8. 38 Josh Richardson
1. 14K Kyler Moore, 2. 27 Lawrence O'Connor, 3. 12 Zack Simpson, 4. 26 Scott Miller, 5. 28 Brian Harding, 6. 40 Mike Knox, 7. 34 Jason St. Paul
1. Harding, 2. Schnitzer, 3. Erskine, 4. Knox, 5. Gene Miller, 6. Richardson, 7. Fuller, 8. Bulpitt, 9. Holtrop, 10. Phillips, 11. Walker, 12. Fugate, 13. Howard, 14. St. Paul
1. Kyler Moore, 2. Sweatman, 3. O'Connor, 4. Jeremy Martin, 5. Carlisle, 6. Bessette, 7. Craig Moore, 8. Berkeley, 9. Wild, 10. Scott Miller, 11. Don Martin, 12. Smith, 13. Wolfard, 14. Knox, 15. Washington, 16. Blood, 17. Simpson, 18. Harding, 19. Schnitzer, 20. Erskine
77 Jeremy Jones
21 Travis Koch
|Current time is 12:33 PM|
|NWRaceChat > RACETALK > Grays Harbor Raceway > Moore, Barnes, Parshall and Koch Victorious!||Top|