|Moderated by: Kelly Hart, Kaleb||
|Herz Precision Wingless Nationals - July 7th Cottage Grove Speedwa7|| Rate Topic
|Posted: Friday Jun 29th, 2018 09:02 PM||
|1 week until the biggest race of the Wingless Sprint Series season. On July 7th the WSS will be at Cottage Grove for the Herz Precision Wingless Nationals. Below is some important information regarding the event:
- Hot Laps (minimum 3 laps)
- Qualifying (2 timed laps)
- Heat Races (8 laps)
~ 2 Heats (16 cars and under)
~ 3 Heats (17-24 cars)
~ 4 Heats (25-32 cars)
- Pole Shootout (6 cars – See Below)
- B-Main (If 21+ cars/4 cars transfer – 12 laps)
- Main Event (Top 16 locked - 20 cars total – 50 laps)
- Each car will get (2) timed laps with the fastest lap counting. Order of qualifying will be based on your pill drawn at registration (back gate). If you miss your qualifying spot, you will go to the end of qualifying and only be given 1 timed lap.
- Top 4 in heats inverted based on qualification time; the rest of the field lined up according to their qualification time. Cars will be split evenly into 2-4 heats with no more than 8 cars in a heat race. If two heats then the odd qualifying cars in first heat and the even qualifying cars in second heat. If three heats, then 1st, 2nd and 3rd will be in separate heats with the remainder being split the same way.
- Top 6 cars in points (qualification and heat race) will run the Pole Shootout. AlI 6 cars will roll out to front stretch for re-draw. Based on pill draw (1-6) cars will be lined up in order in the middle of the infield. Car #1 and #2 will be on track first competing against one another. Car with the best timed lap out of the 2 laps will continue against car #3. The loser will exit track and start 6th in the main. This process will continue until all 6 cars have competed. The last car standing will be awarded the pole.
- If there are 21+ cars, we will run a B-Main event unless track promoter decides to run all cars in A-Main. The first 16 cars based on total points (qualification and heat race finish) will be locked into the A-Main and the remainder of the field will line up in the B-Main straight up according to their total points. If a tie occurs in determining starting position, tie-breaker will be qualification time.
- Top 16 cars locked into A-Main will line up by points with the exception of the Pole shootout cars, which will line up according to Pole Shootout finish. Top 4 finishers of B-Main will fill the field behind the locked in cars and lined up according to B-Main finish. There will be a fuel stop somewhere between lap 25-30.
• Qualifying points based on the number of cars registering at the back gate (i.e. if 20 cars sign in, then fast time is awarded 20 points with each position thereafter 1 point less.
• $10 entry fee to be paid at back gate when pill is drawn.
- All competitors required to run transponders and raceceiver radios.
B-Main cars not transferring to A-Main - $100 ea.
|Current time is 12:49 AM|
|NWRaceChat > RACETALK > Wingless Sprint Series > Herz Precision Wingless Nationals - July 7th Cottage Grove Speedwa7||Top|