|Moderated by: Rick Terry, Kelly Hart, Kaleb, Fletch||
|Cole, Sweatman, Kerrigan and Sundstrom Feature Winners|| Rate Topic
|Posted: Monday Aug 27th, 2018 12:04 AM||
Aarons Racing Videos
|Cole, Sweatman, Kerrigan and Sundstrom Feature Winners
Mother nature tried to put a damper on some dirt track racing action but the evening of racing did get in. The 360 Sprint Cars, Shipwreck Beads Modifieds, Cut Rate Auto Parts Street Stocks and Outlaw Tuners took to the 3/8 banked clay oval.
Cut Rate Auto Parts Street Stocks
Devon Harper of Olympia took to the early lead in the 20 lap Street Stocks feature. Jack Parshall of Hoquiam looked for the lead on lap 1 taking over the top spot. Aberdeen driver Austin Kerrigan moved into second and made an attempt at Parshall for the lead but couldn't make the pass. Kerrigan made another attempt on lap 4 taking the top spot with a pass in turn two. Montesano's Scott Fritts closed in on Parshall for second, with Ryen Haney of Elma joining in on the battle. A handful of cautions gave Parshall, Fritts, and Haney a shot at Kerrigan for the lead. Fritts looked to the high side a few times on Parshall for second, as both battled for a handful of laps. Fritts was successful and looked to track down Kerrigan. A late race spin on lap 14 in turn four from Harper brought out the caution just as Fritts was going for the lead. Kerrigan led Fritts and Parshall on the restart, as the top four stayed close to each other. Fritts looked to the low side of Kerrigan but couldn't make the pass. Haney joined in and made it a three car battle for the lead. Kerrigan went on to pick up the win over Haney, Fritts, Parshall and Matt White of Hoquiam. Heat race winners were Haney, Fritts, and Kerrigan, with Parshall picking up fast time.
360 Sprint Cars
Raymond's Devon Borden took to the early lead in the 25 lap feature event with Shelton's Jay Cole looking to chase him down. Spanaway's Lance Sargent ran in the third position. Borden looked comfortable running the low side of the 3/8 banked clay oval. The race track was very fast after a heavy mist before the feature event. Cole made it to the back bumper of Borden making a few charges for the lead but couldn't make the pass. Lap 6 saw Cole take the lead out of turn four moving Borden back to second. Cole caught the lap car of Olympia driver Garrett McLees midway through the race and contact saw McLees spin off of turn four. The red flag flew as a little bit of fire was shown from the engine. McLees was uninjured. On the restart Borden stayed right with Cole, but couldn't make the pass. Cole continued to stretch his lead and went on to pick up the win over Borden, Sargent, Jeff Dunlap of Renton and Vancouver's Mike Romig. Dunlap picked up the heat race win with Borden being fastest of the night in qualifying.
Shipwreck Beads Modifieds
A total of 23 Modifieds signed in, with only 18 starting the feature for 25 laps in the Shipwreck Beads Modifieds division. Brenton Schnitzer of Shelton took the early lead with Austin Kerrigan of Aberdeen and Cosmopolis driver Tom Sweatman looking to take over the top spot. Sweatman worked his way into the lead on lap 2. Schnitzer tried to make a pass out of four but Sweatman had the momentum. Austin Kerrigan and Schnitzer battled for second for a handful of laps as Seabeck's Craig Moore looked to join in and mix it up. Kerrigan took over second on lap 6. With plenty of side by side action throughout the field, the battle for fifth between Elma's Tyler Walker and Tyson Blood of Olympia was one of the races to watch. Walker and Blood raced side by side for a handful of laps with Walker maintaining a top five run. As Sweatman pulled away by over a straightaway, the battle for second continued to between Austin Kerrigan and Schnitzer, as both drivers went back and forth for position. Lap 17 saw the red flag for Blood after getting upside down in turn three. Blood did walk away from the incident uninjured.
Sweatman led the field back to the green flag on the restart with Austin Kerrigan running second. Moore raced with Schnitzer for third but the yellow flag flew as contact between Shane Rau of Shelton and Campbell River, BC's Lane Zerbin brought out the caution on lap 19. A handful of restarts gave Austin Kerrigan and Moore a shot at the lead. Moore moved into second and looked to the high side to make a run at Sweatman. Moore looked to have found a second groove and stayed right with Sweatman but couldn't make the pass. Sweatman picked up the win over Moore, Campbell River, BC driver Graham Cook, Austin Kerrigan, and Geoff Morris of Victoria, BC. Heat race winners were Moore, Walker and Austin Kerrigan as Hoquiam's Jason Tole won the B-Main.
Max Sanford of Belfair and Aberdeen's Tyler Sundstrom set the front row of the Outlaw Tuner feature event. Sanford and Sundstrom raced side by side for the lead with Sundstrom taking the top spot. Wishkah's Jeremy Jones and Chad Norton of Tenino worked their way past Sanford to take over second and third. Sundstrom quickly pulled away from the rest of the field with Jones and Norton looking to track him down. Don Briggs Jr of Woodland worked his way into the top five, getting by Maynard Barnum Jr of Raymond. Briggs Jr moved his way into third getting around Norton late in the race until Norton worked his way back into the top three. Briggs Jr worked his way back into third once again late in the race. Sundstrom set a blistering pace in the feature event running the middle of a very fast race track. At the end of the 15 lap feature Sundstrom picked up the win over Jones, Briggs Jr, Norton, and Sanford. Jones picked up the heat race earlier in the evening.
Racing will resume next Sunday and Monday for Labor Day weekend, as the track will be dark Friday and Saturday evening. Sunday will see the return of the Summer Thunder Sprint Series, along with the Shipwreck Beads Modifeds and Northwest Focus Midgets Series. Monday evening, the World of Outlaws make their yearly appearance, along with the Cut Rate Auto Parts Street Stocks. Monday's event is being presented by Lucky Eagle Casino & Resort. For more information on both events check out http://www.graysharborraceway.com
Grays Harbor Raceway
August 25, 2018
Cut Rate Auto Parts Street Stocks
9 Jack Parshall - 17.622
1. 67 Ryen Haney, 2. 9 Jack Parshall, 3. 14 Jeff Daniel, 4. 11 Daryl Brumfield, 5. 61 Dave Larson, 6. 5 Tom Hecker
1. 42 Scott Fritts, 2. 97 Rodger Perry, 3. 23B Matt White, 4. 00 Kirk McGinnis, 5. 75 Jared Stevens, 6. 1s Cory Sweatman
1. AK47 Austin Kerrigan, 2. 57 Devon Harper, 3. 19 Taylor Miller, 4. 914 Tanner Bridges, 5. 12s Zack Simpson
1. Kerrigan, 2. Haney, 3. Fritts, 4. Parshall, 5. White, 6. Perry, 7. Larson, 8. Daniel, 9. McGinnis, 10. Harper, 11. Brumfield, 12. Stevens
Shipwreck Beads Modifieds:
1. 51 Craig Moore, 2. 87K Brenton Schnitzer, 3. 31 Don Martin, 4. 97 Tyson Blood, 5. 81 Lane Zerbin, 6. 714 Zach Fuller, 7. 8 Steve Bulpitt, 8. 25M Brent Morris
1. 87 Tyler Walker, 2. 28 Brian Harding, 3. 52 Geoff Morris, 4. 26 Scott Miller, 5. 69 Shane Rau, 6. 34T Jason Tole, 7. 17E Cody Erskine, 8. 34 Gene Miller
1. AK47 Austin Kerrigan, 2. 11s Tom Sweatman, 3. 75 Graham Cook, 4. 22x Kelly Fugate, 5. 75C Casey Smith, 6. 43K Shane Kerrigan, 7. 41 Tim Phillips
1. Tole, 2. Bulpitt, 3. Fuller, 4. Gene Miller, 5. Erskine, 6. Brent Morris
1. Sweatman, 2. Moore, 3. Cook, 4. Austin Kerrigan, 5. Geoff Morris, 6. Zerbin, 7. Walker, 8. Harding, 9. Schnitzer, 10. Fugate, 11. Smith, 12. Bulpitt, 13. Fuller, 14. Scott Miller, 15. Rau, 16. Martin, 17. Blood, 18. Tole
360 Sprint Cars:
8 Devon Borden - 12.121
1. 15 Jeff Dunlap, 2. 0J Jay Cole, 3. 33s Lance Sargent, 4. 8 Devon Borden, 5. 22R Mike Romig, 6. 23 Garrett McLees
1. Cole, 2. Borden, 3. Sargent, 4. Dunlap, 5. Romig, 6. McLees
1. 77 Jeremy Jones, 2. 2s Maynard Barnum, 3. 23 Tyler Sundstrom, 4. 3 Max Sanford, 5. 13XXX Don Briggs Jr, 6. 75 Chad Norton, 7. 95 Danny Andres, 8. 44X Riley Watkins, 9. 555 Trevor Dugent
1. Sundstrom, 2. Jones, 3. Briggs Jr, 4. Norton, 5. Sanford, 6. Barnum, 7. Dugent, 8. Andres, 9. Watkins
|Current time is 05:35 AM|
|NWRaceChat > RACETALK > Grays Harbor Raceway > Cole, Sweatman, Kerrigan and Sundstrom Feature Winners||Top|